• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Leeds to Doncaster too slow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stewart

Why does the 4:57pm Northern Rail train to Doncaster which misses out 2 stops have to go so slow compared to the usual trains? :|

People on this train usually overheat and it's a real bad example of commuter trains. :(

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
As far as I can see it is booked to take the same amount of time as a normal Leeds - Donny service, although it waits a bit longer at Wakefield Westgate, which will eat into the time saved by not stopping at Outwood and Sandal and Agbrigg, where they are only booked to stop for one minute at each.

cuccir

Established Member
It takes no longer to get to the stations at which it stops than other services - it's only slower for the Leeds-Doncaster trip*. Unless there are Nothern Rail only tickets for that journey, why would anyone use it to travel from Leeds to Doncaster?

*That is, than an East Coast service. As has been pointed out above, it's about normal for the Northern Rail services

Last edited:

YorkshireBear

Established Member
sorry, i don't understand the problem, it takes a similar time to the usual leeds doncaster trains.

Established Member
It takes no longer to get to the stations at which it stops than other services - it's only slower for the Leeds-Doncaster trip. Unless there are Nothern Rail only tickets for that journey, why would anyone use it to travel from Leeds to Doncaster?

Depends on what time it departs - I don't think it is passed by a Leeds - King's Cross service.

brompton rail

Yes, seems to be 47/8 minutes.

It catches up the preceding LDS-SHF stopper, can't overtake it (obviously!) and avoids stops at Outwood and Sandal. Equally it needs to get to Doncaster before the 17.15 Leeds to Kings Cross. In other words it is capacity problem and doesn't bode too well for a half hourly DON-LDS service at any future date, say when Sheffield is electrified.

455driver

Veteran Member
So if it catches up with the SHF train why not put the stops at Outwood and Sandal back in to slow the DON train down a bit, I wouldnt think it would have any effect on the timetable?

The Sheffield train leaves Wakey at 17:03 and Sandal at 17:07 so it seems unlikley it catches up to it, im pretty sure it doesnt stop so as it doesnt cause delay to the 1715 kings x service

Status
Not open for further replies.