• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Leeds to London regular commute - cheapest way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Briefly, because it wasn't planned or wanted.

Indeed. My point was more that the OP need not buy a York-London ticket to enjoy the extra validity.
In fact, in the unlikely event of the OP wanting to do even more rail travel, it's valid via large swathes of the Midlands too.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JB_B

Established Member
That works both ways - a Leeds to London season is valid via York. A few years ago that validity did disappear from the routeing guide, but only briefly.

Indeed. My point was more that the OP need not buy a York-London ticket to enjoy the extra validity.
In fact, in the unlikely event of the OP wanting to do even more rail travel, it's valid via large swathes of the Midlands too.

That's right. Ex York and Ex Leeds to London give you almost exactly the same routes but there are some minor differences in validity as they're expressed over different map combinations.

As far as I can see a season ticket from Poppleton is the same price and since Poppleton passes the fares check for both York and Leeds as origins that would get you both sets of routes.

greyman42

Established Member
That's right. Ex York and Ex Leeds to London give you almost exactly the same routes but there are some minor differences in validity as they're expressed over different map combinations.
What are the differences?

greyman42

Established Member
From York you get Worksop-Nottingham but you don't have Pontefract-Doncaster direct.

From Leeds it's the other way round.
So would York-Retford-Worksop-Nottingham-St.Pancras be valid?

JB_B

Established Member
So would York-Retford-Worksop-Nottingham-St.Pancras be valid?

For a York to London route: Any Permitted ticket?

I think so, yes.

That route is traceable on map EY. (No station is passed through twice and there's no relevant negative easement as far as I can see.)

Status
Not open for further replies.