• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Leeds to Manchester Commute

Status
Not open for further replies.

_toommm_

Established Member
Toward the end of September, I'll be commuting from Leeds to Manchester for just over a week. I'll still have a Countycard so I was going to buy a Leeds to Greenfield season, at just over £65.

I was wondering if there was any cheaper way to do this at all?

Thanks as always :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tpjm

Correct me if I’m wrong, but wouldn’t this be like splitting your ticket, in which case you’d need to travel on a train that called at Greenfield?

If that were the case, you’d need to connect at Huddersfield and use the HUD-MAN stopper. If you’re doing this, my advice would be the get the xx50 MIA train from LDS and change at HUD to be confident about making it for the xx28 stopper. (I do this route daily)

_toommm_

Established Member
Correct me if I’m wrong, but wouldn’t this be like splitting your ticket, in which case you’d need to travel on a train that called at Greenfield?

If that were the case, you’d need to connect at Huddersfield and use the HUD-MAN stopper. If you’re doing this, my advice would be the get the xx50 MIA train from LDS and change at HUD to be confident about making it for the xx28 stopper. (I do this route daily)

Not with two seasons - condition 14:2 allows me to travel on non-stop trains because at least one of my tickets is a season ticket, as long as one ticket starts where the other ends, or as long as there's overlap.

Status
Not open for further replies.