• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Leeds & WYM Meet

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Snap

Established Member
I have uploaded my pics from Leeds on Saturday (3/6/06), and some pics from Manchester Piccadilly and Micklefield.

Here are a few of them:

40145 on railtour through Leeds to Whitby
40145.jpg

185108 at Piccadilly
185108.jpg

Voyager for Paignton
220xxx.jpg

The two galleries can be found at www.bveroutes-trains.co.uk/gallery

There are a few videos there too (note, for the videos you will need QuickTime)

Any comments?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The Snap

Established Member
WSXFan said:
Nice shots you've put on this page, especially of the 40! That looks incredible in that light!

Notice how clean it is...that's because I was one of two or three of us at the ELR last weekend who cleaned it! :p Bloody flies were dried onto the nose, and wouldn't budge!

Anyway, cheers for that! :D

The Snap

Established Member
Gareth Hale said:
Im really excited as im pacer bashing in 5 weeks time :D

ROFL, where abouts? :D

Anymore comments on the pics? :)

David

Established Member
Gareth, what is it about Pacers that get you going? They are the worst multiple units on the railways.

Gareth Hale

It was the first ever type of train I rode, they bounce, they squeek, they make you know that your not asleep, they have a unique noise and there is good entertainment in the centre of the train (bouncing, people tripping, mats flipping, yellow things clattering)

David

Established Member
Gareth Hale said:
they bounce, they squeek, they make you know that your not asleep, they have a unique noise and there is good entertainment in the centre of the train (bouncing, people tripping, mats flipping, yellow things clattering)
Precisely the reasons why I hate them. They are the only type of train I cannot fall asleep on (Jordy, Yorkie and other will agree to this, I can even sleep on a Voyager), and also, they are they only type of train a feel sick on, because of the bounciness. The engine noise is horrible, and as for being entertained by other peoples mishaps, erm ok, whatever floats your boat....

1D53

Established Member
Good pics!

I must have seen you there as I was on the platform (on my way to work!) when the 40 came in!

(In fact just checking you can see me on the video at the end, clearly over the 'do not pass this point' sign. Oops!)

The Snap

Established Member
JsT said:
Good pics!

I must have seen you there as I was on the platform (on my way to work!) when the 40 came in!

(In fact just checking you can see me on the video at the end, clearly over the 'do not pass this point' sign. Oops!)

40thing3qw.jpg

60006 Scunthorpe Ironmaster said:
Gareth, what is it about Pacers that get you going? They are the worst multiple units on the railways.

I actually agree with you lot now, Class 142s are awful units. I had the misfortune of having to sit on one from Leeds to Huddersfield - it was boiling hot, no air con and bouncy as anything! :confused:

I OFFICIALY don't like 142s... :D

Gareth Hale

Sounds like an interesting ride, I don't mind the heat now because ive been living in a place where summers get upto 50C so the UK to me is cool all summer. Am I the only person who cares these lonely trains?

Julian G

Established Member
Gareth Hale said:
It was the first ever type of train I rode, they bounce, they squeek, they make you know that your not asleep, they have a unique noise and there is good entertainment in the centre of the train (bouncing, people tripping, mats flipping, yellow things clattering)
Well done :|
A 1972MkII can bounce 45mph between Queen's Park & Harrow & Wealdstone
An A-stock can bounce ;), Made me nearly fall of the seat :o

The Snap

Established Member
dvn1357 said:
Rich, you don't like 142s?

Though you loved em?
I don't mind the look of them from the outside, but otherwise 142s are naf. I have seen the light...:p

The Snap

Established Member
JsT said:
Certainly is.

It really was a suprise to see it too. Wasn't expecting it at all.

I knew about it, as I had cleaned it a week previously for that very railtour - it is an ELR loco you see. We were in Leeds on the WYM Challenge, so we were quite looky to see it. :D

David

Established Member
Just 1 ever so slight difference between a Pacer and a Sprinter....

Sprinters are a lot better.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
ROFL! That is true! Sprinter thrash all the way yesterday from Kidderminster to Worcester Foregate Street (was prepared to go to Great Malvern where it terminated, I was enjoying the ride! Too thirsty though, so alighted in Worcester and went bus spotting), mighty enjoyable ex-Anglia 150/2!

Same journey on a 142, I'd be gasping for air and desperate to get off as soon as possible!

Status
Not open for further replies.