• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Leeds/York Driver jobs: Likely to be an vacancies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lufcman

Looking to relocate to these areas or close by. Anyone know how often jobs in these depots are likely to come up?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

skyhigh

Established Member
Looking to relocate to these areas or close by. Anyone know how often jobs in these depots are likely to come up?
For Northern, I believe York is currently oversubscribed (due to recruitment for the Scarborough services that haven't materialised yet I believe). Leeds has a backlog of trainees waiting, so I wouldn't expect anything for a while.

DriverEight

LNER recently advertised for trainees at Newcastle and the advert specifically mentions further recruitment at other depots throughout 2021. That could very possibly include York and Leeds

craigybagel

Established Member
LNER recently advertised for trainees at Newcastle and the advert specifically mentions further recruitment at other depots throughout 2021. That could very possibly include York and Leeds
It definitely won't include York as LNER don't have a depot there!

RailLady

I would suggest getting familiar with the TOCS that operate in the areas you are looking for and signing up to their job alerts.

obviously recruitment is going to be a bit all over the place. But signing up to alerts will give you a better awareness of when the job of your liking is being posted.

sometimes you get great people who comment when a role has been advertised on here. But sometimes you might miss out on an opportunity if you’re relying on a member to notify you of a vacancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.