• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lego Routemaster bus

Status
Not open for further replies.

BanburyBlue

Hi all,

My darling wife bought me the Lego Routemaster bus as a wedding anniversary pressie. Best present ever - even beat the axe she bought me last year to accompany our new wood burner.

I’ve spent a happy couple of days building it. I do have one weird question though. On the upper deck, under (just) one of the seats the instructions say to place a single round flat pink brick. It doesn’t do anything, doesn’t attach to anything. So i’m Confused! Does this represent a feature of the real bus?

Thoughts?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

BanburyBlue

Half way down kerbside. I’ve found a review which suggests it may be to represent discarded chewing gum.

GatwickDepress

Established Member
Yup, it is indeed discarded chewing gum!

From the LEGO website:
  • Interior details include worn look seating, open rear boarding deck with a hand pole, ticket bin, fire extinguisher and a half-spiral staircase that leads to the sightseeing deck. Additional authentic detailing includes a forgotten umbrella, newspaper, empty beverage can and discarded chewing gum elements.

jp4712

What on earth is the sightseeing deck?! They mean upstairs...?

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Hi all,

My darling wife bought me the Lego Routemaster bus as a wedding anniversary pressie. Best present ever - even beat the axe she bought me last year to accompany our new wood burner.

I’ve spent a happy couple of days building it. I do have one weird question though. On the upper deck, under (just) one of the seats the instructions say to place a single round flat pink brick. It doesn’t do anything, doesn’t attach to anything. So i’m Confused! Does this represent a feature of the real bus?

Thoughts?

My wife's threatened an axe often enough.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.