• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Leicester to Burton-on-Trent: valid via Beeston/Nottingham

Status
Not open for further replies.

cactustwirly

Established Member
I'm travelling to Burton next weekend from Leicester, the connections via Derby can be lengthy (25-30 minutes) I was wondering whether I could travel via Beeston or Nottingham where the connections are 10 minutes ish.
I know this is valid on a Leicester to Derby ticket

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JB_B

Established Member
I think you can, yes. Nottingham Group (also including Beeston and Attenborough) passes the fares check as a destination routeing point for Burton - you have mapped routes on routeing guide map AC.

LowLevel

Established Member
Put simply, fares for the Leicester/Derby/Nottingham triangle can generally be used via one point to get to the other if it's sensible to do so, I suspect a throwback to when the timetable was much more sparse than now.

cactustwirly

Established Member
Put simply, fares for the Leicester/Derby/Nottingham triangle can generally be used via one point to get to the other if it's sensible to do so, I suspect a throwback to when the timetable was much more sparse than now.

I've used a Leicester to Derby ticket before via Nottingham, but the XC guard said it wasn't valid.
Although the roueting guide does say I can go via Nottingham.

Status
Not open for further replies.