• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Leicester to Glasgow Thurs 6 July. Return Sat 8 July

Status
Not open for further replies.

suzanneparis

Can anyone please help with the cheapest way for two of us to do the journey:

Leicester to Glasgow on Thursday 6 July departing earlyish.

Returning Glasgow to Leicester on Saturday 8 July latish.

We both have senior railcards.

Thanks for any help

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Trainsplit finds fares of around £45 per person, though I cannot guarantee that is the cheapest way.

The last journey opportunity on the return leg is departing Glasgow Central at 1800.

suzanneparis

Thanks yorkie. But I cannot find that fare on train split? Though I should add that I am not the sharpest tool in the box............

Thanks for your help though

suzanneparis

najaB. Thanks. And yes I did revisit that post of mine, but thank you for being kind and reminding me.

I have, on occasion, found cheaper though more convoluted routes that result in cheaper tickets. As we are both pensioners and on a budget we are only looking for the cheapest. Not the most convenient.

Thanks again

bengolding

How about this Suzanne?
Need to specify via Narborough to show up these hidden cheap Advance fares from/to Leicester, which books one onto the non-reservable XC trains.

Leicester 06:43 to Preston 09:51. £13.20.

Preston 10:41 to Glasgow Central 13:01. £14.50.

Glasgow Central 17:08 to Preston 19:46. £13.20.

Preston 20:17 to Leicester 23:18. £13.20.

Total for 2 with railcard: £54.10

Status
Not open for further replies.