• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Leicester to Kew Bridge breaking journey

Status
Not open for further replies.

suzanneparis

Hello I am buying a Leicester to Kew Bridge cheapest return. (between £40 and 41)

When I return from Kew next Wednesday I want to break my journey in central London.

Can I do that?

If so can I do that at any stations?

Going I shall travel to STP then Vauxhall then KWB

But returning I hope to go Kew B to Waterloo (is that allowed?) and then break my journey either there or at Pic circ. Then on to STP (can I get on the tube with my train ticket?). I suppose in particular can I break my journey at a tube stations?

Thanks for any help.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
You can break your journey at Piccadilly Circus on the return (the ticket may not work the barrier and you'll need to be let out manually) but you can't re-enter the underground with the same ticket so you'll need to use Oyster or contactless to get from Piccadilly Circus to Kings Cross St Pancras.

suzanneparis

Thanks. But....

a) Can I travel from KWB to Waterloo on the ticket I have bought
b) can I break my journey at Waterloo - get off the train from KWB then a few hours later get onto the tube at waterloo and go to St P then home?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Anyone?

Thanks for any help

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Thanks. But....

a) Can I travel from KB to Waterloo on the ticket I have bought
b) can I break my journey at Waterloo - get off the train from KB then a few hours later get onto the tube at waterloo and go to St P then home?
Anyone?

Thanks for any help
http://www.brfares.com/#faredetail?orig=LEI&dest=KWB&ldn=1&tkt=SSR

BREAK OF JOURNEY
Break of journey is allowed on
the OUTWARD portion of
Super Off-Peak tickets unless
otherwise indicated by a
restriction shown against the
ticket's Restriction Code,
and in all cases on the RETURN
portion
of Super Off-Peak
return tickets.
1) Yes. The route is "[FONT=DejaVu Sans,Arial Unicode MS]✠[/FONT]ANY PERMITTED"
2) Yes.
I suppose in particular can I break my journey at a tube stations?
Each portion only allows one "cross-London transfer", and you may only commence such a transfer at a station on the approved list.

You may exit at an intermediate station en-route, but you may have to be manually let out (and some staff are not familiar with the rules and may try to say you aren't allowed) and you would not be permitted to resume your cross-London transfer with the same ticket.

For more info see 7.3 London Underground & DLR

suzanneparis

Many thanks all of you
I was under the mistaken impression that it was possible to break a journey at a tube station.

So I shall get the train from KWB to Waterloo and then the tube to Pic Circ. But continue my journey by paying for an oyster card journey from Pic Circ to St P.

Many thanks everyone.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Many thanks all of you
I was under the mistaken impression that it was possible to break a journey at a tube station.

So I shall get the train from KWB to Waterloo and then the tube to Pic Circ. But continue my journey by paying for an oyster card journey from Pic Circ to St P.

Many thanks everyone.
Is your destination walkable from Charing Cross?

Status
Not open for further replies.