Leicester to Nottingham, break at Beeston??

Discussion in 'Fares Advice & Policy' started by suzanneparis, 20 Apr 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. suzanneparis

suzanneparis Member

Hello
    I am intending to travel from Leicester to Nottingham and back tomorrow evening.

If I buy a cheap return ticket (Leicester-Nottingham-Leicester) with my senior railcard can I break my journey at Beeston on the way to Nottingham? (off peak day return ticket for £7-05 L-N-L).

Thanks for any help

2. RJ

RJ Established Member

Yes, as there aren't any break of journey restrictions on that ticket.

3. suzanneparis

suzanneparis Member

Thank you RJ. I always thought you couldn't break your journey on a day return ticket. Many thanks.

4. RJ

RJ Established Member

No worries :). Break of journey (BoJ) restrictions are rare with Off Peak Day tickets. Anytime Day tickets don't carry any such restrictions in any case.

Every Off Peak ticket has a restriction code attached, which is where time and break of journey restrictions are described. Your chosen ticket has a "B2" restriction code, which is detailed on National Rail Enquires. It's a mercifully straightforward restriction.

How do you find out which restriction code a specific Off Peak ticket has? With great difficulty! I wish there was a way I could describe which doesn't involve trawling through tables with several ticket types, or pawing through reams of verbal garbage.

Some codes do have a BoJ restriction also - for example, restriction 8A and restriction LK.

Last edited: 20 Apr 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.