• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Leicester to Nottingham, break at Beeston??

Status
Not open for further replies.

suzanneparis

Hello
I am intending to travel from Leicester to Nottingham and back tomorrow evening.

If I buy a cheap return ticket (Leicester-Nottingham-Leicester) with my senior railcard can I break my journey at Beeston on the way to Nottingham? (off peak day return ticket for £7-05 L-N-L).

Thanks for any help

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RJ

Established Member
Yes, as there aren't any break of journey restrictions on that ticket.

suzanneparis

Thank you RJ. I always thought you couldn't break your journey on a day return ticket. Many thanks.

RJ

Established Member
Thank you RJ. I always thought you couldn't break your journey on a day return ticket. Many thanks.

No worries :). Break of journey (BoJ) restrictions are rare with Off Peak Day tickets. Anytime Day tickets don't carry any such restrictions in any case.

Every Off Peak ticket has a restriction code attached, which is where time and break of journey restrictions are described. Your chosen ticket has a "B2" restriction code, which is detailed on National Rail Enquires. It's a mercifully straightforward restriction.

How do you find out which restriction code a specific Off Peak ticket has? With great difficulty! I wish there was a way I could describe which doesn't involve trawling through tables with several ticket types, or pawing through reams of verbal garbage.

Some codes do have a BoJ restriction also - for example, restriction 8A and restriction LK.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.