• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

lessCO2 freight

Status
Not open for further replies.

eMeS

At approx noon today I saw one of these travelling on the Up Slow on the WCML just north of MKC. Unfortunately, I'd just put my filming equipment away! It all looked very smart - probably the first time I've seen new rolling stock for freight.

What was equally noticeable was how quietly the wagons ran - none of that repetitive noise from minor wheel-flats or whatever causes the typical noise as a freight train goes by.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GB

Established Member
At approx noon today I saw one of these travelling on the Up Slow on the WCML just north of MKC. Unfortunately, I'd just put my filming equipment away! It all looked very smart - probably the first time I've seen new rolling stock for freight.

What was equally noticeable was how quietly the wagons ran - none of that repetitive noise from minor wheel-flats or whatever causes the typical noise as a freight train goes by.

Technically speaking the type of rolling stock are not new. They are IKA "megafret" wagons used by several freight operating companies.

This is it passing Haughley just off the GEML.
PA157487-M.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.