• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lets talk 50's

Status
Not open for further replies.

455driver

Veteran Member
They were, plus a few of the spare coach window ones went as well.

All round a good day even if it did get off to an iffy start.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dugdug03

I heard somebody ask for 37.... i thought sorry, already brought and paid for by yours truely :P

I think they were all sold?

I got 18 :)

Below is a video of 50017 from yesturday... left the best till the end!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW_wXSO25wg&list=UUsNcpaL5nIIUenZgibCWK-A&index=1&feature=plcp
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Can anyone help?

I am currently attempting to gain information on 50008, 50021, 50026 & 50033 -- Location, Webpage, FB Page details ect.... if anyone can help with any of these details that would be great! I understand trying to find out details about 21 is a big ask and could be impossible to gain...

I have done home work on other class members, im just struggling with the above :)

Last edited:

andyrowlands

Can anyone help?

I am currently attempting to gain information on 50008, 50021, 50026 & 50033 -- Location, Webpage, FB Page details ect.... if anyone can help with any of these details that would be great! I understand trying to find out details about 21 is a big ask and could be impossible to gain...

I have done home work on other class members, im just struggling with the above :)[/QUOTE]

Didn't someone ask this very question some weeks ago in this thread, that I answered?

Last edited:

dugdug03

Can anyone help?

I have done home work on other class members, im just struggling with the above :)

Didn't someone ask this very question some weeks ago in this thread, that I answered?[/QUOTE]

Im so so so sorry!
I didnt see the reply you left! but have just looked back through,
Many thanks for the information andy, sorry for the repost, should have rechecked the last one :/
I do have 1 question tho if you are ok to answer? 50026 how do i find her to get a ride?

andyrowlands

Didn't someone ask this very question some weeks ago in this thread, that I answered?

Im so so so sorry!
I didnt see the reply you left! but have just looked back through,
Many thanks for the information andy, sorry for the repost, should have rechecked the last one :/
I do have 1 question tho if you are ok to answer? 50026 how do i find her to get a ride?

No worries Mr dugdug we all miss things sometimes innit :) As for 026, I don't know where she currently is, maybe others can help?

Established Member
TOPS shows 50026 as being at Washwood Heath since 29th May; I have no idea if it is correct or not as privately owned locos are not always reported correctly, especially if they have been moved somewhere by road!

yummy125

Can anyone help?

http://class50.net/main.htm

50 008 is at East Lanc's:

http://www.preserved-diesels.co.uk/engines/50008_index.htm

50 021 is rusting at Tyseley:

http://www.preserved-diesels.co.uk/engines/50021_index.htm

50 026 is at Eastleigh Works then went to the 2012 Swanage Gala:

http://www.preserved-diesels.co.uk/engines/50026_index.htm

50 033 is rusting at Tyseley:

http://www.preserved-diesels.co.uk/engines/50033_index.htm

TGVDUDE

isn't 50021/033 at Peak Rail? or are they different ones? remember seeing photos on flikr not to long ago of two there.

Last edited:

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
50008 is at the NRM York. 50026 is at Washwood Heath. 50021 and 33 are at Tyseley.

dugdug03

In Regards to this post......

50008 Thunderer
I'll be honest i did see this on www.preserved-diesels.co.uk as well but was not 100% sure how up to date the website was, I am being told a whole mix of locations from different people..... I'm trying to find out if i can get a confirmed location (yes yes being nosey):D

I have seen people say 50008 is at...

BARS site at Washwood Heath, Birmingham

50008 is at the NRM York. 50026 is at Washwood Heath. 50021 and 33 are at Tyseley.

50008 is at East Lanc's as quoted above....

So if anyone can get a 100% confirmation and any details on how we can *Support the Loco* that would be great

----------------------

isn't 50021/033 at Peak Rail? or are they different ones? remember seeing photos on flikr not to long ago of two there.

Nope 50021 & 50033 appear to still be at Tyseley

It's 50029 & 50030 who are at Peak Rail :D

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
As of June 9th 50008 was in the tent at the NRM York and as far as i'm aware not left the NRM.

andyrowlands

As of June 9th 50008 was in the tent at the NRM York and as far as i'm aware not left the NRM.

50008 is currently still at the NRM & will remain there for a couple weeks yet I believe, before returning to Washwood Heath for work to continue. 21 & 33 are still at Tyseley awaiting manpower to carry on working on them. 29 & 30 are based at Peak Rail. How do I know all this? Because I'm working on all of them. I seem to remember I wrote something very similar towards the beginning of this thread last year in answer to some unsavoury comments ;)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
50008 is currently still at the NRM & will remain there for a couple weeks yet I believe, before returning to Washwood Heath for work to continue. 21 & 33 are still at Tyseley awaiting manpower to carry on working on them. 29 & 30 are based at Peak Rail. How do I know all this? Because I'm working on all of them. I seem to remember I wrote something very similar towards the beginning of this thread last year in answer to some unsavoury comments ;)

I forgot to add 50026 is at WWH for engine repairs, but I'm not involved with that.

yummy125

50 027 "Lion" having a sleep at Ropley, MRH this afternoon:

Dsc002171.jpg

The horn grills seem to be missing from the shot taken by yummy125 at MRH the other day.

The URL I listed in my phot was the last time I saw it several years ago back in 2007 at the NYMR. Sorry for the mix-up!

Last edited:

GearJammer

I don't think there missing, i just think its where there polished (brass?) and the area behind the grill where the horn is is clean and looks to painted white it just makes them hard to see.

strimmer

It would be great to hear this one again. Last time I had it in anger was at the NYMR quite a few years ago.

http://englishelectric.zenfolio.com/50027/e2779cc7b

I notice the horn grills seem to be missing - hope it's s temporary thing and not the work of the local scroats. :roll:

50027 Lion is running on Saturday October 13th. It will do 3 round trips starting from Alresford, timings not yet advised. Normal fares apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.