• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Leuven And liege

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tasky

Leuven is 10 minutes walk to the central square down one road; the station is arguably right on the edge of the centre itself so you're really there when you come out.

Liege is a larger city and it depends what you mean by the centre. If you're coming into Liege Guillemins station, Place St Lambert, arguably the biggest central square, is about half an hour's walk away. But you're certainly in a city centre as soon as you exit the station.

Alternatively there's Liege St Lambert station which is right next to the aforementioned square, but has a more limited selection of services (and is not on the high-speed line).

Gadget88

I went to Leuven what can I say the centre was miles away a big long road and no trams. Town hall was worth the wait though.

radamfi

Established Member
I went to Leuven what can I say the centre was miles away a big long road and no trams.

"Miles" = 1 km

No trams, but the main road from the station to the town centre is served by numerous bus routes.

Quakkerillo

I went to Leuven what can I say the centre was miles away a big long road and no trams. Town hall was worth the wait though.

You sure you're talking about leuven? Or did you exit the station at the wrong side, or walk along the city ring road in a circle around the centre instead of going into the centre ?

Liège is also walkable, although the route may not be the most scenic / interesting. If you're doing it as a day trip, you might want to walk one way from Guillemins, and take the train to Guillemins from St Lambert the other way. You could always just walk, it's not that far, but if you plan it well, then it might be a bit more comfortable.

riceuten

If your ticket says "Liege Agglo", it is valid without further payment on the local trains from Guillemins to St Lambert (formerly Liege Palais) Station. They often connect with the Brussels trains.

tasky

I don't know what to say, the station is about 900 metres from the town hall! It's a 10 minute walk

Screenshot 2019-07-13 at 23.35.06.png

Status
Not open for further replies.