• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Level Crossing Incident

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisCooper

Established Member
Taken from National Rail Enquiries:

Level Crossing Incident at Cononley between Skipton and Keighley

Time Reported: 25 Apr 14:57
Route Affected: Leeds - Cononley - Skipton - Lancaster - Morecambe; also Leeds - Skipton – Hellifield – Settle – Carlisle;also Bradford Forster Square – Cononley – Skipton; also Skipton-Leeds-London Kings Cross
TOC/s Affected: GNER, Northern Rail
Description: Train services between Leeds/Bradford and Skipton are being disrupted due to a level crossing incident near Cononley, which has caused damage to overhead wires and damage to level crossing equipment. In order for Network Rail to complete essential repair work, Northern Rail will operate a revised service throughout Wednesday 26th April 2006. Please click on the 'Further Information' link for details. Information for the remainder of the week will be posted as it becomes available. GNER services to and from Skipton and Bradford Forster Square will start and terminate at Leeds.
Further Information: Further information for Level Crossing Incident at Cononley between Skipton and Keighley
Additional Maps: Additional maps for Level Crossing Incident at Cononley between Skipton and Keighley
Updates: 13:10 Disruption to services in the Cononley area is likely to continue throughout Thursday 27 April. GNER services to and from Skipton and Bradford Forster Square will start and terminate at Leeds. Northern Rail will operate a revised timetable which will be posted here as soon as it is available.

Anyone know more details on this? I presume it's something like an overheight vehicle that's brought the wires down. Unlikely to be a collision, or else I'm very sure we'd have heard about it. Must be fairly bad though since it's been up since yesterday.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Why would this affect GNER services to Bradford Forster Square :???:

David

Established Member
Because the 91s have to be dragged. All the power in the area was switched off.

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
What were northen putting out then? 144s or something?

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Oh I see. I was confused by National Rail's 'temporary timetable'. My apologies :)

Status
Not open for further replies.