• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Level Crossing Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jordy

Established Member
I really don't like them, they are awful - ok the message is good, but the way its put across is awful IMO :cry:

Jordy

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Boy, they are pretty nasty. Those poor children :cry:

But hopefully they are graphic enough to make people be more aware of the dangers of level crossings.

Ben

pretty nasty

but if it gets the message across im all for it

bunnahabhain

Established Member
Were these not on Uk.Railways a few months back? Pretty shocking though, something similar needs to be done in the UK, maybe along the lines of the Road Safety adverts which are on at all hours of the day, but the Rail Safety ones are only on at 3am on Friday the 29th of Febuary.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
yes a few weeks ago. If it saves any lives (even just one) it can only be a good thing.

TheSlash

Established Member
Thats not graphic, i can tell you now people dont fade away when they are hit by a train at that speed, neither do cars.
Graphic is when someone who has been there describes how many bits and their favourite hidy holes underneath the train

jd

The Road Safety ones here are similar. Has anyone seen the recently released one? There are a gang of kids messing about with a camera phone recording themselves, then one goes to cross the road and the next moment he's hit by a car, then all the kids are screaming and the camera is dropped. Horrible, but hopefully they will get the point across.

The Snap

Established Member
Very distressing! :cry: I live next to a bust railkway, and knoiw all about safety; kids are always messing around and getting tooted by the drivers! Idiots I say!

Nick

We recently seen a trackoff video about Tyler, the chav who though he would race a HST from Nottingham to leicster on the outskirts of Leicster, regretably he didn't check what track the HST was on and it whamed straight into him from behind. It anoys me that these vandals are depicted as "so good people" yet if they were, what were they doing on the tracks.

I agree some sort of rail safety video is needed for the public.

TheSlash

Established Member
The trackoff videos are good but not brilliant in my opinion, as they use actors and often dont depict the full situation of when an incident happened.
I had to resit my PTS when i joined NR and to the unintitiated, it gives the impression that you'd be lucky to last 4 weeks on the railway before being hit by a train or electrocuted by 3rd rail or OHLE

Status
Not open for further replies.