• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Levenmouth rail link to reopen: project updates

Boff

Does anyone know what type of junction will be installed for car access into Cameron Bridge Station?
Sorry if I didn't quite get what your looking for - but if you're asking for the road junction at the entrance to the car park, it's going to be a simple T-junction off the A915. Here's the layout plan for Cameroon Bridge as well:
CB-layout-plan.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

InOban

Established Member

Press about the new Fife timetable incorporating the Levenmouth services

numtot12345

Sorry if I didn't quite get what your looking for - but if you're asking for the road junction at the entrance to the car park, it's going to be a simple T-junction off the A915. Here's the layout plan for Cameroon Bridge as well:
CB-layout-plan.jpg
Thank you - yes that's exactly what I'm looking for.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
CB-layout-plan.jpg
Although it’s fortunately not the cheapest possible T junction, as they are providing a decent size right turn lane for northbound traffic.

snowball

Established Member
The Trackwatch page in the April Modern Railways has a description of the branch. For example the single lead from Thornton North Junction is 60 chains long. Despite the closure of foot crossings towards the western end, and the construction of a farm underpass, one user-worked crossing remains. Approaching Leven station there are of course a pair of crossovers. The text says the trailing crossover is to the west of the facing one but the accompanying diagram shows them the other way round. On the basis of photographs I've seen, I think the text is correct.
Confirmed on the letters page of the May issue.