• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

light 66 at Bletchley this monring

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
there was a light 66 ( 136?) at Bletchley this morning at c.07:00 fired up, crewed and sat at the signal protecting the stone terminal from the main. Does anyone know what it was doing there

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Alistair G.

It could have being doing the run round in the stone siding. When it arrives in the morning it has to do a run round before being backed out of the stone siding around 3 hours later.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/R73395/2016/02/18/advanced

Looks like this working that terminated at Bletchley this morning. So its related to the Peak forest working that normally runs. Strange it would come all that way and sit idly at Bletchley.

By the way, I never took notice of your flickr page before Darlo. Never realized you were an enthusiast, some nice pics in there.

Cheers! I do try ;)

I think it ran down to pick up the various duff wagons dumped around the various sidings at Bletchley. I caught sight of the 4 dinged box wagons that had been dumped in the freight sidings on the Cambridge sidings tonight and the hopper form the buffer end of the terminal road has gone.

Odd that it ran light all the way from Peak Forest

fgwrich

Established Member
Status
Not open for further replies.