• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Light blue rail ticket (replacement)

Status
Not open for further replies.

johntea

Established Member
I have just replaced my annual at Leeds as surprise surprise it lasted a whole month before giving up in the barriers

Anyway the replacement is on a ticket with light blue borders rather than orange! Which I have never seen before

Is there any difference or reason behind this? Hopefully the reason may be ‘will work in barriers for the next 11 months with no issue at all’ but sadly I highly doubt that is the reasoning!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Seat reservations used to be on blue and white stock.

Mind you, this was twenty years ago !

_toommm_

Established Member
I have just replaced my annual at Leeds as surprise surprise it lasted a whole month before giving up in the barriers

Anyway the replacement is on a ticket with light blue borders rather than orange! Which I have never seen before

Is there any difference or reason behind this? Hopefully the reason may be ‘will work in barriers for the next 11 months with no issue at all’ but sadly I highly doubt that is the reasoning!

Care to share a photo (obviously blocking out all the important and pertinent to yourself details)?

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Odd-period seasons are often issued on light blue stock
blue-season.jpeg

Last edited:

johntea

Established Member
It also feels like there is a very thin ‘laminated’ layer over the ticket, almost like the feel of the new plastic bank notes

Attachments

• CF09AACD-6C4C-4448-ABFD-A67F348A8CA0.jpeg
    CF09AACD-6C4C-4448-ABFD-A67F348A8CA0.jpeg
    452.2 KB · Views: 82

clagmonster

Established Member
Odd-period seasons are often issued on light blue stock
View attachment 58810
Two questions about that ticket:
1) How did a season come to be issued with YP Railcard discount?
2) As an annual, should it not be issued on Gold Card stock. Both origin and destination would have been in the NSE and subsequently gold card area.

GW43125

Established Member
My student discount season tickets were on light blue stock. I thought they were just for discounted seasons.

Haywain

Veteran Member
Two questions about that ticket:
1) How did a season come to be issued with YP Railcard discount?
2) As an annual, should it not be issued on Gold Card stock. Both origin and destination would have been in the NSE and subsequently gold card area.
1. It didn't, it's a sample image from the RDG "library".
2. Yes, perhaps, but see comment above.

The light blue stock is for seasons issued for periods of longer than one month (in reality, one month and a couple of days), and is supposed to be more resilient than standard orange stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.