• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Light Engine Move through Mirfield 29/03

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crossover

Established Member
On a trip on a service towards Manchester Victoria, I passed a light engine pair of (I think) 37's heading towards Thornhill LNW Junction.

I saw I think they were as the one I caught the number of was pre-TOPS and I think it was D235, IIRC.

Anyone any idea what they were doing there/where they were heading?

I don't normally see such things through Dewsbury but of course, they can miss that out. I suspect it was an unusual move as the enthusiasts were well and truly out in force on the island at Mirfield (anyone on platform 1 would have been "bowled" by a 144!!!) - in fact, I'm not sure I have ever seen it so bustling there!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sprinterguy

Established Member
What you saw was "Deltic" 55022 "Royal Scots Grey" hauling the East Lancashire Railways' BR green class 40 D335 from the ELR to the Mid-Norfolk Railway for the lines' diesel gala this weekend. So no class 37s, but very much a pair of locos with a strong English Electric pedigree!

Status
Not open for further replies.