• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lillie Bridge Depot Bus Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julian G

Established Member
Everyday I pass Lillie Bridge Depot on the Way Home
Once, I saw an LUL Tamper on a Loader thingy
This is what I saw on 31.05.06
310506-IpswichMeet00000.jpg

Not something I see everyday ;), it's always the Dark Orange Armchair Buses
I decided to make a log of the buses stabled at the Bus Area
6.6.06- 1 190, 1 430
7.6.06- 1 190, 2 430
8.06.06 1 190, 3 430
9.06.06 No Buses stabled at the Bus Area

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sprinter

Armchair (the operator of the 190) has, since last year, been part of the Metroline group. Thus Metroline can move some buses down to the Armchair depot in Brentford should there be a shortage of buses.

Which at the moment there is, as route 493 is now being operated by Armchair- albeit temporarily as London Buses stripped Centra of the 493 route last month.

However Armchair did not have enough of its own Darts to go round, so some Metroline liveried Darts have been shuffled about from other depots (namely Edgware) and have even hired some London United Darts in order to operate the 493.

Even before this, a Metroline liveried bus has been at Brentford depot now for some months and that is DLM151 which can normally be found on the E8.

Status
Not open for further replies.