• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LINCOLN BLOCKED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

I have received an unconfirmed report from Lincoln:

"A freight train with 36 Oil Wagons has failed in Lincoln Station blocking both Level Crossings so no traffic can cross the town."

This happend 15 minutes ago apparently.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
kayedj said:
I dont know lincoln, but maybe trains can run on other lines, its just the road traffic that is blocked?
Maybe but it would have been very lucky for it to not be blocking any points and for there to be crossovers conveniently placed to allow bi-directional running on the single line without any delay.

Tomnick

Established Member
As far as I know - from various sources - it was 6M57 which stopped just short of Brayford Wharf East crossing, blocking both High Street LC and - I think - Pelham Street Junction east of the station. Seems strange that there were no delays to trains - there's no bi-directional signalling available, and I've heard it took two hours to get a spare loco out from Immingham to push the train inside Holmes Goods Loop.

Status
Not open for further replies.