• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lincolnshire Day Ranger

Status
Not open for further replies.

P156KWJ

Established Member
Hi,
Thinking of purchasing a Lincolnshire Day Ranger over half term to do a bit of track bashing. I was wanting to ask, to get between Newark North Gate and Peterborough via Grantham, is this ticket valid? I know they are valid at those stations, but not sure about the routes between them. I'm assuming I'm okay for my other routes? Basically, my plan of action is:

Nottingham XXXX | 0926
Newark Castle 0949 | XXXX
{walking connection}
Newark North Gate XXXX | 1038
Peterborough 1106 | 1150
Lincoln Central 1318 | 1327
Saxilby 1336 | 1343
Lincoln Ctl 1356 | 1438
Carlton 1528 | XXXX

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

P156KWJ

Established Member
ah okay, a tad annoying - just realised they aren't valid on NXEC, so to go between GRA and PBO without paying extra would require using an EMT train, which wouldn't work alongside my other plans. :(
So basically the best thing for me would be to buy a cheap day single from Newark to Peterborough?

P156KWJ

Established Member
unfortunately it doesn't extend to Saxilby :(
Might change my route a bit to go down to PBO, accross via Melton Mowbray to Leicester, then up to Sheffield or something...

Ascot

Established Member
Instead of the Ranger try the East Mids ROVER, it's valid over a few days and covers a big area. Works out to about £8 or so a day

P156KWJ

Established Member
Instead of the Ranger try the East Mids ROVER, it's valid over a few days and covers a big area. Works out to about £8 or so a day

can't afford £24 atm :( I might do down a different track (no pun intended) and go on a Derbyshire wayfarer, but I only have the Buxton branch to cover in that area. Whereas in Lincolnshire I've still got a few left which I could do in 1 day.

Status
Not open for further replies.