• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Line of Duty, BBC2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bnm

Established Member
Anyone else watching this? And done so from series 1?

It just gets better and better. My jaw actually dropped tonight at the climax of this week's episode (series 3 episode 5/6). I uttered a rather loud "**** me" too. Hopefully not disturbing my host, who had already turned in.

For those who are watching Line of Duty I'm probably preaching to the converted, but those who aren't, you really are missing the best British television drama/police procedural in many a year.

Visceral, intriguing, twisty-turny. It has all the elements of a classic whodunnit. But so much more. Whydunnit too is just as important. And watching it you constantly question yourself as to who are the good folk and who are the bad. The writing is so brilliant that every twist, every curve-ball, is fully believable and not just in the plot for sensationalism.

The characters are rounded and nuanced. And the actors portraying them are on top form. As for the writer - Jed Mercurio - genius.

This BBC series alone is worth the licence fee.

Now, I've raved here about the programme without spoilers. Any follow ups should do likewise I think, at least until next week's series 3 finale. All I will say though are two things. I never expected THAT former BBC radio DJ to feature in the storyline. And that Detective Inspector Cottan - what a b*****d.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

reb0118

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I even got up to watch it tonight as I couldn't wait for catch up. Slept four hours before and hopefully four after.

We have a small but committed clique at work who are addicted.

;)

Chew Chew

I never expected THAT former BBC radio DJ to feature in the storyline.

Dale Roach was obviously supposed to be an MP from Rochdale and they made references to the other DJs arrested as part of Yewtree as well.

And that Detective Inspector Cottan - what a b*****d.

Love his character in this, just a pity that DC Morton hasn't been in it more.

bnm

Established Member
I don't think we've seen the last of Morton (Neil Morrissey). He still has that phone and SIM card...

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
I haven't seen season 1, but season 2 was awesome and season has continued in the same vein.

I haven't seen last night's episode yet, as I was visiting family for much of yesterday, but I'll be catching up later today.

backontrack

Established Member
SPOILERS FOR EPISODE 1! HIGHLIGHT TO SEE!

I was surprised when they killed off Danny Mays' character...

Last edited:

jon91

I've been looking for something to fill the void in my life after Happy Valley finished, this sounds like it'll do nicely for me. :D

bnm

Established Member
If you liked Happy Valley, you'll like this. Although I'd recommend watching series one and two first (Netflix is your friend). Whilst the series' do stand alone to some extent, there is an important story arc that runs through all three series.

Last edited:

DelayRepay

Established Member
I have to agree this series has been fantastic. I can't wait to see what happens next week.

What with this and the Nighr Manager and Happy Valley - for all their faults the BBC really do know how to make good drama!

backontrack

Established Member
I have to agree this series has been fantastic. I can't wait to see what happens next week.

What with this and the Nighr Manager and Happy Valley - for all their faults the BBC really do know how to make good drama!

I think they've been doing really well recently with stuff like this and more - people (i.e the Daily Mail) are always complaining about the BBC, but I think that, at times, they can do really good stuff. There's junk but, when panning for gold, where do you look but in the mud that sits below the stream?*

*entirely new quote, but feel free to use it (please credit me ;))
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Visceral, intriguing, twisty-turny. It has all the elements of a classic whodunnit. But so much more. Whydunnit too is just as important.

Indeed. It has more twists and turns than a twisty-turny thing.*

*not an original quote, from Blackadder this time (I think it's series 3)

Last edited:

cactustwirly

Established Member
The BBC make the best Thrillers and this is no exception.
If you like this then you might want to check out Silent Witness (which is one of my favourite programmes), but it's not for the faint hearted

Last edited:

Chew Chew

The first 75 minutes of that episode last night were absolutely fantastic, some of the best TV drama I've seen.

It was spoilt be the last 15 minutes though.

Still, overall it was a fantastic series.

DelayRepay

Established Member
The first 75 minutes of that episode last night were absolutely fantastic, some of the best TV drama I've seen.

It was spoilt be the last 15 minutes though.

Still, overall it was a fantastic series.

I agree - I know they're entitled to dramatic license but I thought the ending was a bit over the top. But the rest of it was so good I'll forgive them.

cactustwirly

Established Member
In my opinion Dot shouldn't have been killed as it killed the story for the next series

Butts

Veteran Member
I have also watched this programme since it's inception - an excellent Series.

You have to feel sorry for Craig Parkinson (Inspector Cottan) who was bumped off in the last episode the week after suffering the same fate in Indian Summers (another good programme) on Channel Four. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.