• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Line side fires

Status
Not open for further replies.

crewmeal

With all the storms we've had recently and the promise of more rain to come what are the chances of steam trains returning to a normal schedule as advertised from the operators?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ralphchadkirk

Established Member
A few heritage lines have self-imposed steam bans, on the advice of the local FRS. They will be lifted as and when the risk of extensive lineside fires decreases.

Ben.A.98

They can't be overly concerned about line side fires. I traveled on the NYMR a week ago and at Grosmont the guard was tearing down all posters about Network Rail advice on steam services.

Phil6219

Our End of Steam anniversary gala is still taking place this weekend at the East Lancashire Railway, where we aim to recreate those final days of steam on the mainline.

ELR Website

Caution - does include diesels, also involves me working on D335 on Sunday ;)

Actually it does look a promising event, with some interesting combinations including diesel and steam double headers...

Phil 8-)

Jonfun

Established Member
This isn't at all going to become someone from all the different heritage lines all posting that they're still running services! :lol:

Phil6219 said:
Caution - does include diesels, also involves me working on D335 on Sunday

...and me (all being well) keeping an eye on goings-on in Ramsbottom sidings on Saturday.

Phil6219

This isn't at all going to become someone from all the different heritage lines all posting that they're still running services!

Probably not, just thought since it was a Gala I thought it may be important enough to mention it. If anything I think the impending "coal crisis" would be the biggest issue...

...and me (all being well) keeping an eye on goings-on in Ramsbottom sidings on Saturday.

Jolly good :) I was asked if I could go out on Saturday too but alas I shall be in a field in North Wales waiting for a tour to pass...

Phil 8-)

Status
Not open for further replies.