• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lineside for 60074 on 6D43 and 6Z66

Status
Not open for further replies.

wensley

Established Member
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

wensley

Established Member

ash39

Established Member
I usually head to shipton area, near the sidings restaurant. Few good spots round there. Not sure what time it'll pass though.

wensley

Established Member
Yeh, some decent locations, gets better the further your head north for both light and photo locations. Its booked Northallerton at 1732 so you're probably looking at just after 1800 approaching York.

ash39

Established Member
Didn't make it north tonight as I was running late and the traffic is always a nightmare on the ring road, so went to Colton again.
Luckily all three times I've been to Colton for it it's rolled past at bang on 18:45, more reliable than the passenger trains that pass!

It was 074 again tonight, happier with this pic than last time:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ash_3939/6970802328/

wensley

Established Member
Nice shot, I do tend to prefer whole train rather than just the loco, which can make the OLE masts a bit of a pain! '74 is on the job again today so there;s another chance for the shot...

ash39

Established Member
I agree on both parts, but the longer shots I took weren't very good because of all the rain between me and the train!

I might go tonight if the weather is decent, I'm hoping to see 099 at some point as that's the best livery of any in service I reckon. Other than loadhaul, 60's look best in grey.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I agree on both parts, but the longer shots I took weren't very good because of all the rain between me and the train!

I might go tonight if the weather is decent, I'm hoping to see 099 at some point as that's the best livery of any in service I reckon. Other than loadhaul, 60's look best in grey.

Status
Not open for further replies.