• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lineside Locations

Status
Not open for further replies.

martyn29

I am off again soon and for a change and to get some different shots I wanted to do some lineside.
I know of Colton Junction and Copmanthorpe on the ECML, does anyone know any easily accesable ones on the Midland Mainline, First Great Western line and the WCML?

Many thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Richmond

What mode of transport are you using, as there are a few where only a car/bike will get to?

Daimler

Established Member
Have you tried www.trainspots.co.uk ?

If you zoom right in on your browser it's not too much of a pain to navigate - it's found a few good ones for me!

On the GWML, I often go here: Goring, Spring Farm. It's a fairly short walk from Goring & Streatley Station.

On the WCML, Cheddington Station is pretty good - particularly looking North, where you get a great long shot.

Here is quite good too, but it's a fair walk away from any station/bus stop - about 3 miles from Cheddington: Ledburn Junction

EDIT: Just realised that none of those are really 'lineside' :oops:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.