• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lineside Photographic Permits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Met Driver

Established Member
Does anyone know of any preserved lines that issue these to under 16s? I know that the Bluebell only issues them to 16s and over, and the WSR doesn't actually mention age restrictions at all.

Any ideas?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Simming

One The West Somerset Diesel Gala I saw People Going Lineside everywhere. I dont think they minded as long as they where out of Danger, and was wearing a Spaz Jacket

bunnahabhain

Established Member
The Great Central Railway does Photographic Permits although it's only for people above the age of 18, and with restrictions (not in Loughborough North Yard and Swithland Viaduct, and restricted walkways in Loughborough South Yard and Rothley Yard.

Still, it's the easiest Main Line to get trackside access to ;)

Craig

Established Member
I doubt you'll be able to get a lineside permit if you are under the age of 16. I would have thought the age limit was 18 due to H&S, but obviously the Bluebell railway appear to have got around that somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.