• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Linksys Drivers in XP x64

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gareth Hale

Hi, ive got Windows XP x64 today and I cannot find any drivers for my wireless adaptor. Does anybody know where I can get them from?

Cheers
Gareth
--- edited ---
Ive contacted linksys, they do not have a driver for XP x64 so ive dual booted XP Home and X64 together. Shame though, I was really looking forewards to seeing RUK in 64 Million Colours rather than 32 Million.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tom B

Established Member
Gareth Hale said:
Shame though, I was really looking forewards to seeing RUK in 64 Million Colours rather than 32 Million.

ROFL!!

Oh dear...

Gareth Hale

It plays DVD's the best ive ever seen it play in my whole life. Its like im new to television.

Tom B

Established Member
1. "x64" refers to that it is designed for 64-bit architecture

2. The human eye can only see 16 million colours anyway

Gareth Hale

So when you put your PC into 16-bit colour, how come it comes out differantly than 32-bit?

Tom B

Established Member
Because that refers to the colour depth, not the architecture.

Guinness

Established Member
Linksys I've come across in my Windows Folder recently. Do a search on your PC....

Gareth Hale

Yep, its C://Linksys drivers. Doenst work on XP x64 as yet. They said it will do very soon.

T

Tom

The reason between 16million colours and 32million colours is that your PC on 32million fades colours together using more shades. Effectively, it just means shades.

Oh, and remember everyone will have to go x64 by 2013. :)

T

Tom

Well, x32 chips will run out in their 32-bit settings to do with dates. x64 last sometime into the next millenia

Guinness

Established Member
tubechallenger said:
Oh, and remember everyone will have to go x64 by 2013. :)

Damn, I was hoping to use my current crappy computer til 2016. :(:sign1:

Tom B

Established Member
Of course you don't need to "upgrade" to whatever bloatware version of Windoze is around at that time (Windows 2000 SP infinity), take a copy of Linux instead...

(PS: I find it rather sad that the BBC reports all the news on the upcoming bloatware that is Windoze Longhorn, but even when a major distro update is released no-one seems to take any notice)

Guinness

Established Member
Gareth Hale said:
Yep, its C://Linksys drivers. Doenst work on XP x64 as yet. They said it will do very soon.

I guess thats a disadvantage of x64 then. ;) I'll wait until I even consider forking out cash for something that even Drivers don't support. ;)

Gareth Hale

Its a multi millionare company, worldwide and they are the only one's with out 64-bit support on any of their products. Terrible!

Tom B

Established Member
M$ are a multinational company with many billions in the kitty but they've still not managed to write a proper OS.

Gareth Hale

Thats what they're currently doing.

Microsoft Windows Vista

It uses so much memory, but ignore how much it uses, it will run from ram so it will be quicker, plus not many people have less than 1GB Memory now.

Craig

Established Member
Gareth Hale said:
It uses so much memory, but ignore how much it uses, it will run from ram so it will be quicker, plus not many people have less than 1GB Memory now.
Most operating systems tend to run from RAM... Also pretty much all of the various computers I use have less than 1GB RAM and run fine.

On a totally unrelated note (:p) can anyone recommend a good Linux distribution for web development? I want to set up my own php/sql test server.

T

Tom

Craig, I recommend CentOS. It is Red Hat Enterprise Linux (designed for servers) but without the commercial packages, etc.

This server uses CentOS. :)

Tom B

Established Member
I have 128mb RAM on my machine and it runs SuSE 7 perfectly. As for Vista, there's no excuse for wasting RAM.

It does appear that Gareth has a little confusion about what a 64-bit operating system does - it is nothing to do with colours, it's the architecture!

Sprog

Established Member
Windows Sucks!!!!!!!! "CRTL-ALT-DEL" grrr :mad:

Soon as i can get my mits on Linux............:D:D:D:D

Let the games begin :toothy4: :toothy4:

Gareth Hale

tubechallenger said:
No they don't. I get regular freezes on 1GB!

Thats becuase you don't use Windows updat to update your PC, can't remember the last time upon this crashed.:toothy1::toothy1::toothy1:

Guinness

Established Member
Gareth Hale said:
Thats becuase you don't use Windows updat to update your PC, can't remember the last time upon this crashed.:toothy1::toothy1::toothy1:

Proberly becomes your XP edition hasn't decided to decompile itself yet.

Jordy

Established Member
Gareth Hale said:
Thats becuase you don't use Windows update to update your PC, can't remember the last time upon this crashed

No, that would probably make it crash more :sign6:

Jordy

T

Tom

Sorry did I mention I do my own bugfixes, which work better than Xtra Poo's upgrades

Gareth Hale

Maybe thats why it crashes? I just hardly ever face a Windows lock up now. Its just so stable. Make your own operating system :) Id like to oneday :p

Status
Not open for further replies.