• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lisbon Tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

rf_ioliver

Continuing with the Portuguese theme on this forum :) does anyone have experience with Lisbon's Viva Viagem Card? The English language webpages for Carris, Fertagus etc aren't consistent with the Portuguese pages (and don't ask about Google Translate). However I see via TripAdvisor and guess work that the cards are valid on CP (Lisbon commuter lines), the trams, metro, CP to Sintra and Cascais, Fertagus and the Metro do Sul; and maybe the Tagus Ferries?

So for 10eur (+50c for the card) I would get full day access to all of the above?

Is this correct from anyone's experience here?

thanks, t.

Ian

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
So for 10eur (+50c for the card) I would get full day access to all of the above?
Is this correct from anyone's experience here?

Faced with the same dilemma last September, I opted for a "Zapping" approach (pay as you go).
I think all the 24-hour tickets have some limitations (eg Lisbon metro area only, or not ferries, or not CP), so it seemed more flexible to zap.
I started with €10 and added €5 at some point.
That covered several metro trips, bus, Cacilhas ferry and a round trip to Cascais, and I think I ended up with €3 left on the card (about to expire!).
The only problem I found was the queue at the airport metro station for the ticket machines to buy the card (there is no manned booking office).
It took half an hour or more, with many tourists baffled by the machines and taking ages to buy a ticket.
But once in the system, it's straightforward.
Don't miss the ferry for the best view of the city.

Status
Not open for further replies.