• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

List of PERTIS Machines

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHurcum

So one of things I am going to start doing (I have got a few already) is collecting all the currently available Permit To Travels. However the only document that I can find with a list of PERTIS machines is well over 10 years old and many of the stations which it says have one had them removed long ago. So If anyone knows of any I think it would be great to compile a new List. So if you know of any PERTIS machines please post where they are and when you last saw them, and what they show on the ticket under 'Station of Issue'. Here are the ones I know for definite:

Newhaven Town (Shown as Newhaven Town *) - 31/10/15
Newhaven Harbour - 08/4/15
Little Kimble (Shown as Little Kimble *) - 28/10/15
Northolt Park - 28/10/15 but does not work

If anyone knows any others - please help us finish an updated list.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Used to be some on the Ilkley line but I don't think they're there any more. Certainly Guiseley isn't, as there's a ticket office and TVM now.

lincolnshire

So one of things I am going to start doing (I have got a few already) is collecting all the currently available Permit To Travels. However the only document that I can find with a list of PERTIS machines is well over 10 years old and many of the stations which it says have one had them removed long ago. So If anyone knows of any I think it would be great to compile a new List. So if you know of any PERTIS machines please post where they are and when you last saw them, and what they show on the ticket under 'Station of Issue'. Here are the ones I know for definite:

Newhaven Town (Shown as Newhaven Town *) - 31/10/15
Newhaven Harbour - 08/4/15
Little Kimble (Shown as Little Kimble *) - 28/10/15
Northolt Park - 28/10/15 but does not work

If anyone knows any others - please help us finish an updated list.

There was one at Hornbeam Park on the Harrogate Platform as it was the same as a parking ticket machine, had to repair it after the vandals had a go at getting the cash box out the base and k******* it up, needed and new base and cash box etc.
Was also one at Poppleton on York Platform as well.

Would think they have now gone.

Also wasn,t they also fitted on the station,s on the line to Southend as think I can remember seeing them at Tilbury Town and station towards Fenchurch Street

physics34

Established Member
There is one at Ashurst station on the uckfield line platform 2, but im unsure whether it still works.

BestWestern

Established Member
Colwall, in the Cotswolds, has one. Rather oddly, as I'm not aware of any others in the area.

GatwickDepress

Established Member
Bishopstone and Salfords have PERTIS machines too. Bishopstone's is located outside the main entrance and Salfords has one on the Arun Valley platform. I think it had two originally, but the installation of a ticket machine on the London platform must have rendered the other moot.

The Hastings Line may also have one or two still remaining, but I think the Marshlink and East Coastway have none now.

hulabaloo

Aylesford still has one but the one at Barming has now gone since the ticket machine went in last month.

itsjamierawr

Definite:
Wye, Chiham, Chartham on the Ashford Intl - Canterbury West - Ramsgate line
Selling (between Canterbury East & Faversham)

Possibly:
Pluckley on SEML

cjmillsnun

Established Member
Possibly

Hampton in Arden. It certainly did a couple of years ago (I used it)

JHurcum

Cheers for all these updates - ill put them on the list I'm compiling. Any others?

RPI

Established Member
Aston, Gravelly hill, Witton, Spring Road and Hall Green still have them.

Established Member
The machine at Micheldever which now issues tickets for the car park was formerly a Permit to Travel machine, I'm pretty sure.

NorthernSpirit

Established Member
Warnham has one, or it did when I last visited in '09.

The PERTIS at Newhaven Harbour no longer works, tried to purchase one and it refunded my 5p. I'm sure that one of the Worthing stations has one.

Melancholia

Smethwick Galton Bridge

Also on my local line, Taplow, Burnham, Langley and Iver. These are definite. Not sure about other stations.

noddingdonkey

There was one at Hornbeam Park on the Harrogate Platform as it was the same as a parking ticket machine, had to repair it after the vandals had a go at getting the cash box out the base and k******* it up, needed and new base and cash box etc.
Was also one at Poppleton on York Platform as well.

Would think they have now gone.

Also wasn,t they also fitted on the station,s on the line to Southend as think I can remember seeing them at Tilbury Town and station towards Fenchurch Street

I know this is an ancient post, but as it's been revived - I'm not sure those were actually PERTIS machines, but a very basic TVM in the same housing, selling tickets to a small number of popular destinations.

The one at Knaresborough on the same line had a big metal knob which was turned to select your destination.

I think they were made by Almex, but I can't find any further details at present.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Lapworth has one complete with a notice saying it doesn't accept the new pound coins.

Status
Not open for further replies.