• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

List of published December 2019 timetable pdf files

Status
Not open for further replies.

berneyarms

Established Member
With the next timetable change date of 15 December approaching, this thread will keep track of the published timetable pdf files by the TOCs and Network Rail. So far we have one!

• TfL Rail (Paddington to Heathrow or Reading, and Liverpool Street to Shenfield)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Flinn Reed

Would it be possible to have a list of all major changes to services to services from December, across all operators?

berneyarms

Established Member
Guessing it is meant to be a clickable link, doesn't seem to work.......
No it wasn’t.

It will become a simple list. People can look up individual TOC websites to view the timetables themselves.

This thread is purely intended to be a thread listing the TOCs that have published pdf timetables as they come out.

I do it for every timetable change date.

I’d ask people to post discussion of the actual timetables elsewhere.

theironroad

Established Member
No it wasn’t.

It will become a simple list. People can look up individual TOC websites to view the timetables themselves.

This thread is purely intended to be a thread listing the TOCs that have published pdf timetables as they come out.

Oh...

Flinn Reed

No it wasn’t.

Could a summary of the key changes to services also be included? For example, Northern are due to introduce additional Connect services, but what are the frequencies of these? And are GWR's superfast services additional, or just existing services with fewer stops?

berneyarms

Established Member
Could a summary of the key changes to services also be included? For example, Northern are due to introduce additional Connect services, but what are the frequencies of these? And are GWR's superfast services additional, or just existing services with fewer stops?

As I posted above my intention for this thread is meant to just to keep people abreast of when the actual timetable pdfs are published.

People are free to look the timetables up and discuss them elsewhere. There are already threads for that purpose.

GWR for example: https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/gwr-dec-19-timetable.180888/unread

I’d appeal for people to just keep this thread for posting when they see new timetables appearing and feel free to discuss them in the other threads.

Last edited:

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
It will become a simple list. People can look up individual TOC websites to view the timetables themselves.....
That is, of course fair enough, but if anyone is able to provide a list with links to all the PDFs (or to pages that have the PDF links) I am sure that would be greatly appreciated by many members. :)
I’d appeal for people to just keep this thread for posting when they see new timetables appearing and feel free to discuss them in the other threads.
I agree that this thread should not become a "master thread" to discuss all timetables in detail.

If anyone wishes to discuss a particular aspect of any timetable, please create a new thread.

If anyone spots that someone hasn't done this and wishes to respond, please create a new thread at that point (any post that causes concern can be reported using the report button, but a prompt report is much easier to deal with than once the issues becomes a bigger one!), and do not continue the discussion in the wrong thread please :)

I have split the TfL timetable discussion into a new thread: https://www.railforums.co.uk/thread...the-gwr-services-along-the-same-route.194368/

berneyarms

Established Member
Updated list of published timetable pdf files as of this morning:

• Grand Central
  • TfL Rail (Paddington to Heathrow or Reading, and Liverpool Street to Shenfield)

Johnny Lewis

Is this to ensure that the Virgin brand lives on in some form until May 2020? Or will First/Trenitalia immediately re-issue their timetables at the start of the franchise date (which, confusingly, is a week before the timetable change date)?

berneyarms

Established Member
Is this to ensure that the Virgin brand lives on in some form until May 2020? Or will First/Trenitalia immediately re-issue their timetables at the start of the franchise date (which, confusingly, is a week before the timetable change date)?
Purely for info purposes. The new TOC will issue their own pdfs.

E6007

Unfortunately all the Virgin Dec 2019 pointers link to the same timetable - AB London to West Midlands!

NORMAN471

Just noticed that the Northern Winter Timetables for Morecambe/Carlisle to Leeds, the Airedale and Wharfedale lines and Harrogate to Leeds only run until 16 February 2020. Are there going to be some major changes afoot or will it be Engineering Works taking place? Does anyone know please?

berneyarms

Established Member
The Virgin timetable is horrible since the format change, i very much prefer proper PDFs
You can still convert them to pdfs. There’s a pull down arrow at the top centre of the screen - click on that and some icons will appear - the centre icon is a download option, and that will allow you to save as pdfs.

Boysteve

LNER;
I notice the Highland Chieftain is slowed down by ~5 minutes between Perth and Inverness. This is compensated by speeding up (presumably under Electric Power) between Edinburgh and Stirling. Obviously we ALL knew on this forum that the bi-modes would never keep to 40 year old HST sectional timings in the Highlands! It's called progress!

berneyarms

Established Member
LNER;
I notice the Highland Chieftain is slowed down by ~5 minutes between Perth and Inverness. This is compensated by speeding up (presumably under Electric Power) between Edinburgh and Stirling. Obviously we ALL knew on this forum that the bi-modes would never keep to 40 year old HST sectional timings in the Highlands! It's called progress!

Again - can we keep discussion of the actual timetables elsewhere please? I’m trying to maintain this thread as a source of info on the timetable publication dates.

But on this one point, I’d suggest you look at the times on RTT. This train is not slowed down between Perth and Inverness. It has five additional minutes waiting time at Perth where it will arrive earlier than currently. Times further north are dictated by the need to be at passing loops at particular times, hence the wait.

Tim456

SWR’s Winter timetables now available to view:

https://www.southwesternrailway.com/plan-my-journey/timetables

At risk of incurring jimm’s roth, I’ll say it anyway. For such a major timetable change coming up, I find it staggering that GWR have yet to publish timetables and will once again be one of the last to do so. I don’t buy this so they can be accurate.

Despite a major social media campaign informing passengers change is coming, which has been good, the one thing most would want to see is an actual timetable and comments have been made to that affect on various posts I’ve seen on Twitter and Facebook.

I get the feeling GWR really don’t like people having timetables, something that is and has been a fundamental part of the railway right from the start.

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
With the next timetable change date of 15 December approaching, this thread will keep track of the published timetable pdf files by the TOCs and Network Rail. So far we have one!

TfL Rail (Paddington to Heathrow or Reading, and Liverpool Street to Shenfield)

I see TfL isn't bothering with the niceties of calling London terminals by their proper National Rail names: London Liverpool St and London Paddington.

berneyarms

Established Member
To be fair the norm is for the vast majority of the timetable pdfs to be published this week - in other words four weeks before the implementation date.

That makes sure that all last minute changes are included, and should give reasonable time for regular travellers to study their options - anyhow let’s keep this thread to updating the list of published timetables.

Status
Not open for further replies.