• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

List of stations by optimal door exit

Status
Not open for further replies.

radamfi

Established Member
I remember some time ago someone produced a list of stations which would tell you which door to use to be nearest the station exit. Does this still exist?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

radamfi

Established Member

Enthusiast

I have a small booklet called "Where to Get Off". It lists the optimal car location (but not door) for every exit and interchange on LU. I think it dates from about 1975-80 and is probably out of date in a number of respects now. It's also falling to pieces and I think it may be too fragile to scan but I'll dig it out when I can.

pdeaves

Established Member
There is (or was) also a diagram called "the way out map of the underground" (or similar). Can't vouch for its accuracy or usefulness as I never bought one.

DelW

Established Member
There is (or was) also a diagram called "the way out map of the underground" (or similar). Can't vouch for its accuracy or usefulness as I never bought one.
I have two editions of that, one dated 2001 and the other, with "Completely Revised edition" on the cover, dated 2011. Both were priced at £1.95. One side shows inner London stations, the other outer London, with symbols and car numbers to show where the exits are. The earlier one may have had a connection with Stanfords, the map shop, as it includes a map and list of their shop locations. They seem to have been published by a company called Drumhouse Limited based in mid Wales, and are still shown as available from a company called mapsworldwide.com for 97p.

Status
Not open for further replies.