• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Little wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HR2

Has LUL finally abandoned the 'Space Train' concept or is it just in abeyance?:sad:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mushroom

Arent the new victoria and surface stock trains goin to be articulated. I read somwhere they are.

Met Driver

Established Member
MancunianTrammer said:
Arent the new victoria and surface stock trains goin to be articulated. I read somwhere they are.

The new vic line stock won't be (2009TS). I'm not sure about the SSL stock. The images released by metronet suggest that articulation will be used, however I haven't come across any other information to support that.

Met Driver

Established Member
Nick W said:
Will it have to be computer driven?

ATO? The new SSL stock? That is the plan eventually, although ATO won't be in place when they initially enter service.

LondonBVE

MancunianTrammer said:
Wouldnt it be nice if evrything was ATO

For myself I'm not really a fan on ATO, but if you asked me to drive an ATO Line the first reply is "No." cause I simply don't like to drive an ATO train just only sit down there. Well if you like it come here to Singapore, you just only have to pray that it won't rain so that you can read newspaper while driving.

Nick W said:
Will it have to be computer driven?

Sadly, no as it is still driven by a driver. (I think so)

Seth said:
The new vic line stock won't be (2009TS).

The new Victoria Line Line stock is call the 2005 Tube Stock as stated somewhere.

DistrictLine said:
Has LUL finally abandoned the 'Space Train' concept or is it just in abeyance?:sad:

The space train looks kind of familiar anyway back to the point, here in Singapore we have a train which run with computer controlled and can travel up a speed of 90KPH is that consider a Space train? It is made by Alstom 2000.

Met Driver

Established Member
<sigh>

LondonBVE said:
For myself I'm not really a fan on ATO, but if you asked me to drive an ATO Line the first reply is "No." cause I simply don't like to drive an ATO train just only sit down there. Well if you like it come here to Singapore, you just only have to pray that it won't rain so that you can read newspaper while driving.

There speaks someone with experience...?

LondonBVE said:
Sadly, no as it is still driven by a driver. (I think so)

Did you read my post? The new SSL stock will go ATO eventually.

LondonBVE said:
The new Victoria Line Line stock is call the 2005 Tube Stock as stated somewhere.

Stated where? All sources I've come across have stated that it'll be known as 2009TS. I will gladly be proved wrong though.

I'm getting a little bit annoyed about the content of your 'informative' posts...

devon_metro

Established Member
LondonBVE said:
And somewhere might be...?

Do you have proof?
I'd like to see it. Afterall it's 2006 and 2005 was last year. When the stock won't be here for a few years.

Sturdjos

I think what LondonBVE means is that he doesn't like the IDEA (if he was a T/op) of driving a train in ATO.

It wouldn't appeal to me either - I'd like to actually be in control of the train. That's prompted a question from me:

When say, a Central or Vic T/op's train is going full pelt in ATO, would he feel ''helpless'' because he isn't part of the loop (apart from pressing the start buttons, doors etc.), I'd imagine I'd rather want to be driving the thing as opposed to sitting there at 45mph (on the Vic) watching the computer do it's work!

Met Driver

Established Member
Sturdjos said:
When say, a Central or Vic T/op's train is going full pelt in ATO, would he feel ''helpless'' because he isn't part of the loop (apart from pressing the start buttons, doors etc.), I'd imagine I'd rather want to be driving the thing as opposed to sitting there at 45mph (on the Vic) watching the computer do it's work!

I doubt an AT/op would feel helpless/out of the loop etc. There's several ways to override the ATO equipment - on the 92s you can knock the TBC out of the stowed position or hit an emergency brake plunger. On the 67s, the brake notches on the TBC are live all the time, regardless of whether or not ATO is being used, so if the driver wants to intervene in some way, he can do.

tubenutter

Going back to the original thing about the space train,

I believe the 'S' surface stock are still planned and will be articulated, but may be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.