• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Liverpool - Dawlish Warren 25/05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krispo

I'm trying to buy tickets for me and my mother on this date, however I cannot seem to get any Advance tickets. Someone sugested that it might be because of the TT change. So, when will I be able to get tickets?
It's sugesting times for me, like. Just no advace tickets.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

1D53

Established Member
Only available till 16th May currently on XC.

Try again in a couple of weeks.

Krispo

Only available till 16th May currently on XC.

Try again in a couple of weeks.

Will do, cheers. So the fact that the date I wish to travel is during the new TT will have no effect on when I can buy the tickets? It's just the booking horizon.

1D53

Established Member
TT is fine - its just the booking horizon that affects cheap tickets.

Krispo

One last question...

The times they are offering me, they are genuine times from the Summer TT?

1D53

Established Member
Should be. The May change only tends to be quite minor in terms of changes anyway, so it'll probably be difficult to tell.

John @ home

Established Member
I think you need to split your journey.

Currently the only single tickets available from Liverpool to Dawlish Warren on Sunday 25 May are £85 standard and £140 first.

But you can get advance singles on that day from Liverpool to Birmingham New St for £9 with London Midland.

And tickets are available from Birmingham New St to Dawlish Warren for £12.50.

John

1D53

Established Member
You should be able to get advances still, I have on many occasions.

Nick W

Established Member
But you can get advance singles on that day from Liverpool to Birmingham New St for £9 with London Midland.

And tickets are available from Birmingham New St to Dawlish Warren for £12.50.

John

Very good advice. I'd recommend that Krispo booked these as soon as possible, before they go, as even if through advance tickets come out they're unlikely to be much cheaper.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Advance tickets are available for that day now as I have booked some the daw before to Dawlish on 24th May.

Established Member
Advance tickets are available for that day now as I have booked some the daw before to Dawlish on 24th May.

Anything happening at Dawlish, or just a trip, Just curious?

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I am having a day photting with a mate the Summer Saturday HSTs, pus 71000 Duke of Gloucester is going to Kingswear plus I think there is another skip charter then I am returning on the HST to Manchester (as far as Brum). Going first class to Dawlish as it was cheaper than standard, lol

Established Member
Going first class to Dawlish as it was cheaper than standard, lol

The wierd and wonderfull ways of ticket pricing these days, ah well you netted yourselves a bargain there, enjoy :)

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
As there seemed to be a lack of cheap tickets on the 0710 from New Street it took me about an hour to finally get cheap-ish seats for 2 of us.

Established Member
The wierd and wonderfull ways of ticket pricing these days, ah well you netted yourselves a bargain there, enjoy :)
There are certanly some bargains if you get lucky - just booked a £9.55 (Y-P) L.Buzzard-Taunton including 0653 Leighton-Euston for 0818 x Padd. I think/hope there are no 180s bar Oxfords by then!!

Established Member
As there seemed to be a lack of cheap tickets on the 0710 from New Street it took me about an hour to finally get cheap-ish seats for 2 of us.

Are you booked on the 0710 then, not the 0910 HST?

There are certanly some bargains if you get lucky - just booked a £9.55 (Y-P) L.Buzzard-Taunton including 0653 Leighton-Euston for 0818 x Padd. I think/hope there are no 180s bar Oxfords by then!!

0818 ex Padd is a tram diagram sir, wonder if that will be quicker than the first one from new street? 0710 should be in to Taunton by 0930 I reckon, oh thats a no then....I'll see you there anyway for some mini sulzer/EE thrash :smile:

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Are you booked on the 0710 then, not the 0910 HST?

Yeah on the 0710, gets to Dawlish at 09:57. Wanted to get there early to make sure we get there before the steam is due.

Established Member
Yeah on the 0710, gets to Dawlish at 09:57. Wanted to get there early to make sure we get there before the steam is due.

Oh right, just takes a while for my brain to register it all :lol: Had a couple of good days down there last year on the Holidaymakers, 0910 tram to Exeter for a hour or so's pleasent wait for the FGW Paignton tram which stops at Dawlish, into the pub for lunch (name escapes me at the moment but it's about two minutes from the station and full of train pictures).Followed by some photos down the wall, Langstone Rock etc. The Causeway thing (Dunno excatly what it's called) at Dawlish is also good for some photos with a reasonable lense.

devon_metro

Established Member
Oh right, just takes a while for my brain to register it all :lol: Had a couple of good days down there last year on the Holidaymakers, 0910 tram to Exeter for a hour or so's pleasent wait for the FGW Paignton tram which stops at Dawlish, into the pub for lunch (name escapes me at the moment but it's about two minutes from the station and full of train pictures).Followed by some photos down the wall, Langstone Rock etc. The Causeway thing (Dunno excatly what it's called) at Dawlish is also good for some photos with a reasonable lense.

You mean the big hill :lol:

Dawlish is best in the morning and late afternoon and Langstone is a good place to go when Dawlish turns crap :razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.