• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Liverpool Lime Street Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

M60lad

Does anybody know what the problem was at Liverpool Lime Street yesterday evening?

The station announcements were giving it as operational difficulties (whatever that means) in Liverpool Lime Street area, I'm guessing though the actual problem was on lines to South Parkway as virtually all services to Huyton and beyone were running basically to time whereas all services on South Parkway lines were showing as delayed and not going anywhere

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

- Cal -

There was points failure yesterday afternoon which meant no access to platforms 1-4 maybe that had something to do with it.

ukrob

Established Member
Doubt it as it the the Huyton services which mainly use those platforms.

Green Lane

I boarded the 13:34 (ex-Stalybridge I think) at Edge Hill yesterday, going to Lime Street.

The train was on time at Edge Hill. When we entered the cutting towards Lime Street, the train kept stopping and so did the London Midland service alongside us.

In the event we arrived merely 2 minutes late, but IIRC we did arrive at platform 5.

As has been previously mentioned, On the tannoy, the announcement was "due to a points failure, no trains can stop at platforms 1-4" or words to that effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.