• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Liverpool Lime Street to Hemel Hempstead Super Off Peak Return Route: LNR/WMT valid via Watford Junction/London Euston?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gray1404

Established Member
Is a Liverpool Lime Street to Hemel Hempstead Super Off Peak Return Route: LNR/WMT valid via Watford Junction/London Euston?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

4-SUB 4732

Established Member
Is a Liverpool Lime Street to Hemel Hempstead Super Off Peak Return Route: LNR/WMT valid via Watford Junction/London Euston?

Agreed on no.

Sadly looking at the current times, going via Birmingham to avoid a long wait at Crewe gives a southbound journey time of a diabolical 4h20; or take the long sit at Crewe, go along the Trent Valley and change again at MK to give a journey time of 3h50.

Northbound is a bit better. Currently a +6 at Crewe, within the same set of platforms so no stairs. Journey time is 3h30 but you get the delights of MK for 30 or so minutes. Via Birmingham seems to be a definite don't bother...

clagmonster

Established Member
Liverpool Lime St is a member of Liverpool Group.
Bletchley is the only appropriate routeing point for Hemel. Hemel is also a related station to Watford Jn but Watford fails the fare check.

Routeing permissions for Liverpool Group - Bletchley are:
CH+EJ, EV, GV+LC and ME+EB

Mapped routes are:
CH+EJ
No applicable LM Only routes

EV gives the route straight down the West Coast and most permutations of routes via the West Mids. The others give no other alternatives applicable to the routeing on your ticket.

Unless I have missed an easement, I do not see any way in which your ticket is valid via either Watford or Euston.

Statto

Established Member
How about changing at Crewe, then LNW via the Trent Valley & change at Milton Keynes to Hemel Hempstead that could be quicker than going to Watford/Euston.

Status
Not open for further replies.