• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Liverpool - London Super Off Peak Return validity during Watford blockade

Status
Not open for further replies.

phil35

My sister is coming to visit me in London on Friday 13th February from Liverpool and has already booked a London Midland Only Super Off Peak Return (she didn't realise this type of ticket doesn't need to be purchased in advance). She needs to return on Sunday 15th (or early Monday 16th, but the earliest she can travel on the Monday on this ticket gets her into Liverpool too late it seems).

I want to know exactly which route her ticket will be valid on on the return journey? I can't see any specifics on the London Midland website. The booking engines are suggesting two routes - via Birmingham (chilterns) and via Leicester (East Midlands). Would either of these routes be valid on a London Midland only super off peak return?

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
Unless London Midland arrange alternatives, only services run by them would be valid on that ticket. Might be worth contacting London Midland to determine what arrangements are being made.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Unless London Midland arrange alternatives, only services run by them would be valid on that ticket. Might be worth contacting London Midland to determine what arrangements are being made.

There are replacement bus services running to/from Stanmore Jubilee Line, with tickets valid on LU from Euston with a change. (Why not Watford Met I have no idea), then half hourly from Hemel to Northampton, then everything else running north of there.

http://www.londonmidland.com/download/105978.6/271214-eus-lines/

Should be usable if mildly inconvenient, and not unreasonable given how incredibly cheap those tickets are.

Neil

Last edited:

CyrusWuff

Established Member
Assuming it's the same as this weekend's closure, walk up tickets will be accepted on Chiltern, EMT, Thameslink, London Overground and London Underground.

Status
Not open for further replies.