• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Liverpool - Manchester Season Ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

cherylap

Hi,

I live in Liverpool and need to travel to Manchester every day, so will likely buy a season ticket. Most days, I will take the train from South Parkway, but occasionally I will want to travel from/back to St Michaels, Mossley Hill or Lime St. Does a season ticket cover Liverpool as an area, or only one specific train station? If I buy it from Lime Street, am I allowed to get on/off at the intermediary stations mentioned above?

Thanks for your help.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
If you buy a Manchester-Liverpool stns season, you can travel on any permitted route between Manchester and Liverpool and alight anywhere you like.

You can travel via Mossley Hill or St. Michaels.

Veteran Member
Just to clarify, LIVERPOOL STNS covers the obvious city centre ones, as does MANCHESTER STNS at the other end, rather than the whole of the local authority area.

Oh, and your ticket is valid via St Helens Junction as well.

sheff1

Established Member
If the extra journey opportunities are any use to you, the cost of a season from either Hightown or Maghull is the same price as one from "Liverpool stations". Similarly, at the Manchester end, buying a season to Heald Green, rather than "Manchester stations", will not cost any more.

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I'm sending you a PM with a ticket approx £15/w cheaper. Don't share it in public

Status
Not open for further replies.