• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Liverpool South Parkway

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtradj

plan to do more routes in the future... etc which is needed

however the platforms arnt big enough for pendolinos

good or bad idea?

i think with the introduction of more euston - lpool services in the future, one in every 2 or 3 should stop at lpool south park for passengers travelling from the south to liverpool airport, especially with 2008 capital of culture coming up

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Humberside

Does South Parkway have much parking, if so I agree about stopping some of the Pendolinos - could become like Bristol Parkway

However I think a priority should be Central Trains and TransPennine services stopping there - the East Midlands franchise proposes the Central services should stop there if possible

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Does South Parkway have much parking, if so I agree about stopping some of the Pendolinos - could become like Bristol Parkway

However I think a priority should be Central Trains and TransPennine services stopping there - the East Midlands franchise proposes the Central services should stop there if possible

TPE and CT should certainly call there at the very least! I'd guess that quite a lot of passengers who use Liverpool Airport are from other towns and cities in Lancashire, including Stockport, Manchester and Stalybridge, and also from the other side of the pennines too. Liverpool JL Airport has developed into a major hub for the budget airlines and should be provided with good transport links.

xtradj

expecting the liverpool - nottm - norwich, and lpool - scarborough trains to stop there, hopefully alternative as it'd be a shame to see these services slow down in terms of destination times, never the less, has to be done, and awaiting the new timetable for confirmation

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
expecting the liverpool - nottm - norwich, and lpool - scarborough trains to stop there, hopefully alternative as it'd be a shame to see these services slow down in terms of destination times, never the less, has to be done, and awaiting the new timetable for confirmation

I doubt one stop will make very much difference, and it will be a useful interchange when a full range of services call there.

T

Tom

Most stops with a standard brake and acceleration pattern on most railways should only lose about 2 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.