• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Liverpool Street to Marylebone, Best route ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainfan344

Established Member
Since my last simple route advice went so well.

I need to get from Liverpool Street to Marylebone, I have about an hour and a half from Train arriving to Train Departing, what's the best route in terms of speed, ease of changing etc?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ianno87

Veteran Member
Circle/Met/Hammersmith to Baker Street, then walk the rest of the way. Really, really not far.

Statto

Established Member
Can also do, Central Line Liverpool Street to Oxford Circus then Bakerloo Line to Marylebone

Or if worst comes to the worst, 205 bus direct, but stops in Bishopsgate stop F, not from the Bus Station. which takes anything from 40 minutes off peak to an hour in the peak.

mmh

Established Member
Definitely this, nothing else comes close.

Yup, also has the benefit of being a sub-surface rather than deep line, which is more comfortable (or should I say less uncomfortable!) with aircon, no big trek to and from deep level platforms and needs no changes, which are almost always awful between deep level lines.

mmh

Established Member
Central to Bakerloo at Oxford Circus doesn't look too bad?

I used to do that for going to Paddington. It's not the longest of underground walks between lines, but it's not great either - it's a fair trek of narrow corridors and up and down steps and crossing people going the other direction. It's also permanently very busy.

I gave up on it and instead walked from Lancaster Gate to Paddington - even though Lancaster Gate is a small lift only station it always seemed quicker.

I think a big consideration is if you're comfortable and confident with a walk at street level - ie able to do it and won't get lost. It's been a while since I did it but I think Baker St to Marylebone is sign posted, but you might want to look at a map in advance for peace of mind

PeterC

Established Member
At peak times avoid the Central Line like the plague.

I concur with the suggestion of walking from Baker Street. The route is marginally easier to find in the opposite direction but isn't difficult. Once through the barriers from the street level Met concourse take the Baker Street exit, turn right crossing Baker Street at the pedestrian lights, first left into Melcombe Street and just keep going until you see Marylebone.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
The walk from Baker Street to Marylebone is simple, probably takes less Rome than changing between lines at Oxford Circus.

That’s the way I’d go.

A Challenge

Established Member
You could, of course get the Bakerloo line at Baker Street to get to Marylebone, and I have to admit that having arrived into Marylebone and going to Liverpool Street I got the Bakerloo and then H&C/Circle, but that is almost certainly slower.

PeterC

Established Member
You could, of course get the Bakerloo line at Baker Street to get to Marylebone, and I have to admit that having arrived into Marylebone and going to Liverpool Street I got the Bakerloo and then H&C/Circle, but that is almost certainly slower.
The walks to and from the Bakerloo certainly feel as long as just walking between stations before considering waiting time to the next train. I would only bother doing it if it was raining.

Status
Not open for further replies.