• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Liverpool to Didcot Parkway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hstmatt

Hi
I am trying to get to Didcot parkway from Liverpool but the prices are dear so i am wondering.
Could i get a return to Crewe (i am returning the same day)
then get a west midlands day ranger and go to leamington spa then get a return to Didcot ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LexyBoy

Established Member
Fares Advisor
You can, you may also want to look at splitting into short sections where Day Returns are available. Banbury might be a worthwhile split.

Also remember to check that the trains you plan to get actually stop at the split points.

sonic2009

Established Member
From previous threads so i'm assuming you are a child still :)

Depending on when you go, the London Midland Sale runs from the 9th April to the 7th May. Tickets booked online that are priced by London Midland will get 50% discount. They will only apply to Off Peak Return, Off Peak Day Return, Off Peak Singles, Advance Standard or Advance First Only.

hstmatt

I have just looked around on the internet and a off peak return is £37.50.
Virgin trains want me to go via London. Which the off peak for the jorney costs more. On cross countrys website its saying a off peak ticket costs £37.50. Would this be via Birmingham or could i go via London?
I am realy confused about the tickets now.

calc7

Established Member
I suggest using a WebTIS-powered sites such as East Coast or London Midland as these list trains-by-fare instead of fares-by-train. You will then be able to see there is an Off-Peak Return route: Banbury (ie Birmingham, Banbury and Oxford) for £37.50 and a more expensive route: London for £46.95 which will be valid on a Virgin train to Euston then out of Paddington on First Great Western (or also on the via Banbury route).

SickyNicky

Verified Rep - FastJP
Do you mind what route you travel and are you worried about speed? A possibilty is: (please note these are adult fares, so halve them for child rates)

Day Return, Off-Peak
TOC-Specific
£40.20

LIVERPOOL STNS to NUNEATON
SUPER OFFPEAK R
£17
Route: LDN MIDLAND ONLY

NUNEATON to BEDWORTH
ANYTIME DAY R
£2.4
Route: ANY PERMITTED

BEDWORTH to BANBURY
ANYTIME DAY R
£12.5
Route: ANY PERMITTED

BANBURY to DIDCOT PARKWAY
OFF-PEAK DAY R
£8.3
Route: NOT VIA LONDON

If you can split at Tackley instead of Banbury, that costs £1 less. You may find that changing at Banbury to get to Didcot (instead of Oxford) will stop at Tackley anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.