• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Liverpool to Edinburgh TPE or LNER & Connections true bargins possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gray1404

Established Member
I'm looking at travelling from Preston to Edinburgh soon. I can normally do this with my railcard for about £11-£12 one way on an Advance single, without having to book too far in Advance. I can also usually get similar prices from my local Merseyrail station to Edinburgh via Southport and Wigan (getting the ticket from Preston if I am able to bus it to Preston).

However, I was wondering how realistic it would be for me to be able to bag an Advance fare (with my railcard) for a similar price on one of the direct TPE services between Liverpool and Edinburgh? Is this going to be difficult and would I have to book a long way in Advance?

Either direction of travel is fine by the way. Anyone had any success stories. Likewise I notice there are LNER & Connections tickets but I don't seem able to get these at the lower tiers. I've even tried to get an LNER & Connections Advance from Preston thinking it might be easier for me to get a place on a Northern service to York (rather then a quota place on TPE Liverpool to York) but it is proving difficult.

Maybe I would be better just sticking to Avanti & Connections Advances and TPE Advances all via the West Coast Main Line. It would just be nice to try the ECML route up to Scotland North of Newcastle.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

boyaloud

If it's a 16-25 railcard, remember to use the little known TPESTUDENT code or section of the TPE site to book through.

HSP 2

Just had a quick look on N.R.E. about £20 from Lime st. to Edb using the E.C.M.L.

route101

Established Member
Someone i know didnt see any advances loaded for one of these TPE services , Wonder what the take up would be?

Status
Not open for further replies.