• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Liverpool to Euston Non-Stop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shimbleshanks

Extra VT service today departed Lime Street 15.20 & arrived Euston 17.14. Non-Stop in 1 hour 54mins.

Is this a record?

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/U63502/2018/11/11/advanced
I took a heavily delayed train, nominally non-stop from Liverpool Lime Street to Euston, one Saturday in about April/May 2010 following a lineside fire. I think the journey time was just a small fraction under two hours - 1hr 56min with one signal stop in the Widnes area - and the driver came on the tannoy at the end to say we'd broken the record. So your 1hr 54min may well be the new record!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The Planner

Veteran Member
I'm not sure how it can have broken a record, it was 15 minutes early with 16 minutes of allowances in the schedule, therefore it met its normal running times as all trains should be!

Shimbleshanks

I'm not sure how it can have broken a record, it was 15 minutes early with 16 minutes of allowances in the schedule, therefore it met its normal running times as all trains should be!
A record in the sense of how quickly a train has been got between those stations. I shouldn't think recovery time, pathing allowances etc mean much to the average punter.

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
Presumably it was so quick because even if every Fulham fan at the match took the train, it would only have been about 10% full.

Status
Not open for further replies.