• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Liverpool to Heathrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

gray1404

Established Member
No, I have a non refundable flight to LHR (arriving 18:00), but annoyingly I overlooked LGW when I booked this (and its direct as well)! This means I'm already £90 out of pocket for the flight, plus the extra cost of earlier fares from Euston if I change my journey.

I think I'll take this one on the chin and stick with my original plan to fly into LHR and book the 21:07 from Euston. It would have been nice to get home 3 or 4 hours earlier but at least I know for the following week when I may have to make the same journey?

This is what I'd do too. Have you booked the 2107 yet?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

packermac

I'm looking at flying back to LHR on 28th Feb. landing approx. 18:00 at T4 if on time (and with hold luggage to collect).

This gives me a relatively generous 2 hours to jump on the 20:07 Avanti Euston to Lime St., which currently can be brought for £74.50 first class / £58.00 standard class.

My only concern is if my flight is delayed and I miss the 20:07, I'll need to buy a new ticket for the 21:07 at an eye-watering £129.50 / £91.10 extra.

Is there any way to mitigate the chances of being delayed without just opting for the 21:07 service in the first instance (but probably watching from the Euston concourse as the 20:07 goes without me)?
As some one who worked at LHR for BA for 41 years, 2 hours for arrival clearance on any carrier and a journey to Euston is sporty at best, doomed to fail at worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.