• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Liverpool to London Day Travelcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrismid259

Hi,

This week I purchased and today picked up a Saturday Day Travelcard to travel from Liverpool Lime Street to London Euston next month. I purchased this ticket as it seemed to be advertised for use with the London Underground Zones 1-6, as specified on the ticket. But I'm confused, will I be allowed to make multiple journeys on the underground on the Saturday that I am travelling or will I only be able to use the ticket once?

Hope someone can help me with this.

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dzug2

If the destination on the ticket is zones 1-6 (probably expressed as R12..56) then it gives you unlimited travel within the zones

If the destination is just London Euston or London terminals then it doesn't include any underground

If the destination is Zone 1 (or zone 2) then just one underground journey each way is included

chrismid259

If the destination on the ticket is zones 1-6 (probably expressed as R12..56) then it gives you unlimited travel within the zones

If the destination is just London Euston or London terminals then it doesn't include any underground

If the destination is Zone 1 (or zone 2) then just one underground journey each way is included

On the destination, it reads

"Between
LIVERPOOL STNS * & LONDON ZONES 1-6"

GPR

Alrite Chris,
Just checked on my machine.
You can 'enjoy' unlimited travel throughout London fare zones 1-6.
Quite good them tickets.

chrismid259

Alrite Chris,
Just checked on my machine.
You can 'enjoy' unlimited travel throughout London fare zones 1-6.
Quite good them tickets.

Good to know. I've actually just had a proper look on thetrainline and found that it does allow unlimited zone 1-6 travel.

Thanks again!

jopsuk

Veteran Member
And that's all Underground, all Overground and other National Rail, all DLR, all Bus, all Tramlink routes. You get a discount if you want to use Thames Clippers.

Clip

Established Member
And that's all Underground, all Overground and other National Rail, all DLR, all Bus, all Tramlink routes. You get a discount if you want to use Thames Clippers.

Apart from those stations that are outside of zone 6.

added for clarity

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Just to clarify, the text "London Zones x-y" denotes a product offering unlimited travel within the specified zones, for example, "London Zones 1-4" means unlimited travel within Zones 1, 2, 3 and 4.

The text "Zone Uabcd Londn" denotes a product offering one single journey across the specified zones, for example, "Zone U2356 Londn" shows that the ticket is valid for one single journey from Zone 2 to Zone 6, or vice versa (with the middle zone omitted due to space constraints).

The former used to be printed in a similar format to the latter, but denoted with the letter R rather than U. It is a bit clearer the way it is expressed now.

Bungle73

On Moderation
If it's a Travelcard it will say "Travelcard" at the top, and will therefore be valid for unlimited travel within the Zones (edit: except on the Heathrow trains of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.