• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Liverpool to Teignmouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisTheRef

Established Member
My friend's asked me for some help, just thought I'd ask you lot, as you can probably get it cheaper than me.

He's travelling south on the 5th September, returning on the 6th. Not sure of times, but it's for a Muse concert so I'm guessing 4pm-6pm arrival in Teignmouth, returning mid-morning on the Sunday.

He has a 16-25 railcard and "doesn't mind going the long way round if it's cheaper"

Thanks in advance!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Try looking for Advance tickets that suit the times he wishes to travel.

Also consider Super Off Peak fares on London Midland into Euston, and then either FGW advance or SWT advance to Exeter followed by a ticket from there.

It may even be worth considering a ticket to Wrexham then WSMR, then FGW/SWT but that would take all day (recommended for enthusiasts only:lol:)

Another long way round that may be worth considering is a EMT+Connections from Manchester Stations to London (specify via a random shack that isn't a timing point to make the ticket open between MAN and SHF e.g. I think Grindleford does the trick), or even TPE advance from Liverpool to Sheffield, then EMT advance from there.

glynn80

Established Member
Just messing about with the NXEC site for 5 minutes, I found the following:

Saturday 5th September

£16.15 Virgin Advance (includes the X London Transfer)
0848 Liverpool Lime Street
1101 London Euston
1145 London Paddington
1211 Reading

£10.25 FGW Advance Single
1304 Reading
1532 Teignmouth

Sunday 6th September

£10.90 XC Advance Single
1115 Teignmouth
1426 Birmingham New Street

£5.95 London Midland Advance Single
1535 Birmingham New Street
1716 Liverpool Lime Street

Total= 43.25
Saving on the SVR fare= £27.00

Last edited:

devon_metro

Established Member
My friend's asked me for some help, just thought I'd ask you lot, as you can probably get it cheaper than me.

He's travelling south on the 5th September, returning on the 6th. Not sure of times, but it's for a Muse concert so I'm guessing 4pm-6pm arrival in Teignmouth, returning mid-morning on the Sunday.

He has a 16-25 railcard and "doesn't mind going the long way round if it's cheaper"

Thanks in advance!

Err, aren't those Muse tickets for local residents only...?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.