• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Living on SWT outside London...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coxster

Established Member
...the signaller's strike will kill you ;) I'm alright with a train every half-hour though. On the WHOLE of SWT's network the following will run (as quoted from another forum).

SWT intend to operate a skeleton service if the strike goes ahead this Friday:

2 tph Waterloo - Kingston via Wimbledon
2 tph Waterloo - Kingston via Richmond
2 tph Waterloo - Staines via Hounslow Loop
2 tph Waterloo - Staines via Richmond

2 tph Waterloo - Basingstoke
2 tph Waterloo - Bournemouth
2 tph Waterloo - Woking
(The same trains?)

1 tph Waterloo - Sailsbury

That means no service to Guildford, Haslemere, Portsmouth
That means no service to Poole and Weymouth, or services West of Salisbury
That means no service to Brighton or Reading

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

I would actually presume that Southern would operate Southampton Central to London Victoria via Portsmouth Harbour and Brighton.

Coxster

Established Member
Tom said:
I would actually presume that Southern would operate Southampton Central to London Victoria via Portsmouth Harbour and Brighton.
Yes but at what frequency?

Lewisham2221

Established Member
Tom said:

Remember that this is a signallers strike, not a train crew strike. Therefore would it not make common sense to presume that where one operator is unable to operate over a particular line, the same would apply to other operators, namely because of lack of signalling staff presence?

T

Tom

It would be more an issue for SWT to get trains out of the depot as Eastleigh box would be understaffed presumably - so just straight through services would be helpful for them ... with the odd Southern to Soton.

Andrew

Southern and Southeastern alterations are up. No trains to Portsmouth it looks like (though I've only skim read). Southern (as a region - ie SWT, SN and SE) looks very badly hit (apart from Island Line!).

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Lewisham2221 said:
Remember that this is a signallers strike, not a train crew strike. Therefore would it not make common sense to presume that where one operator is unable to operate over a particular line, the same would apply to other operators, namely because of lack of signalling staff presence?
Possibly - but if they are manning some 'boxes with less signallers - rather than no signallers - then reduced frequencies will result.

Status
Not open for further replies.