• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Llandrindod 37s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Just a brief update before I head out for the scrappers to Newport...

- Got the 0739 off Parc Fforestfach to Pontarddulais
- 37425 arrived at 0819 for Llandrindod.
- Got a lot of pics and some great views all the way to Llandrindod.
- More pics of the 37 and MK2s at Llandrindod, then after picking up some TTs, got the 1026 (delayed as we were 12 down on arrival) 153353 to Cilmeri.
- Took some pics here, got 153310 to Church Stretton
- Updated 100% my new book after finding my old carriage stock book.
- Got some supplies from BP at Church Stretton, spoke to some enthusiasts going for the 37s for some time.
- 150258 came in, got on and started reading my copy of entrain.
- Alighted at Garth, got 153353 back to Llandrindod.
- Disaster strikes, as I discover I don't have my Y-P, tickets or cam! Thankfully at 1743 another spotter found me, this guy had the Y-P et al. As a result, I have no pics of the run-around, etc at Llandrindod. Maybe I'll go up again tomorrow, we'll see.
- Got a window at Pontarddulais, we then head over the Swansea District Line. I alight at PTP, we were surprisingly on time!
- I get a shot of 180114 at PTP, after the 37 and MK2s left (naturally I got pictures, not every day you see 37s and MK2s at PTP!), didn't get a shot of 66021 which had come off the Swansea District Line though. Got 43152 to Swansea.
- With a fair bit of time before my bus goes, I grab some shots at Swansea, after checking which 43 had been on the back.
- Got my bus home at 2157 off the station, returning home by about 2210.

That's possibly my longest day trip in my region. 0730 to 2210, that's over 14.5 hours!

Pictures will be uploaded from this and two other trips as soon as I can.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Shame I missed it but the timings were just impossible for me! Were they busy? Many enthusiasts on them? I think if the timing had been better and if it was a weekend you'd see a big turnout.

Nevermind I can do the Heart of Wales on a 101 next summer hopefully!

Techniquest

Veteran Member
A fair few were there, obviously it being a weekday it's difficult for most to get there. I heard reports last year's lot had 3 coaches of them! Doubt it's true, would be interesting!

Filming the final Llandrindod 37 tomorrow, although I won't be able to get the run-around before the evening departure or anything, only the morning lot, as I'm in work tomorrow night. :cry:

EDIT: I'll be there for the first 101s next summer, should they run. Same for the 26 that MIGHT be running on the Valleys some time. I can only imagine doing H-O on the rest of the HoW at the moment, but it would be cool!

clagmonster

Established Member
Whats this about a26 on the Valleys and 101s on the H-o-Wales. I've heard nothing about that. I do agree though that it is a fantastic line although I have only done it in a mark 1.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
The 26 in the Valleys is still a bit of a rumour, although the 26 is being preserved at the moment at Canton.

The 101 is being planned for a summer 2006 use on the HoW. This has been reported and discussed in a number of places for months now.

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
pardon? a class 101 on the HoW - well thats one trip I will consider! having never done first gen stock or the HoW line! and a 26??? crikey whats going on!

Simming

It will be like the Chitlern 121. ATW will buy it, and do it up, and seeing as they dont get up to any great speeds on the HoW its a perfect line for it.

the 26 IIRC is being made mainline regestered, and ive heard that it will be doing mainline services.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
The 26 is at Cardiff Canton at the moment, or at least was last week. Needs a new coat of paint I say! Hauled by a 26 to Merthyr Tydfil (I dunno, I really want to do Merthyr behind a loco)? mmmmm.

Only a year to wait for the 101!

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
101's woo! I can't wait even if I don't do the full route! I don't know a lot about first gen dmu's but what type of windows do they have?

Met Driver

Established Member
Each window has Quarter lights and there's generally two or three doors per car, each with a Droplight.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Indeed it is possible. I will be reserving a seat and a window space on the first day it runs...No-one will stop me doing H-O on it...Although I've done half the HoW H-O already... :P

Techniquest

Veteran Member
H-O on the rest of the HoW (for me, that's Pontarddulais to Llanelli and Llandrindod Wells to Craven Arms), yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.