• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Llanelli to Portsmouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
Hi everybody

We are looking into the train to Portmsouth Harbour early on Sat 20 February, returning in the late afternoon of Sunday 21 Feb.

Anytime returns are £66.60 each according to East Coast. There aren't any Advance fares for the Sunday, which means that £13.50 on Saturday morning + £51.30 to come back is only a little elss than the Anytime Return.

Could any of the very knowledgeablee xperts find a fare that I might have missed? Would it be cheaper to split somewhere?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

John @ home

Established Member
Asking for Llanelli - Portsmouth Harbour via Salisbury reveals £13.50 Advance fares on 7 trains on the Saturday morning from Llanelli and at 1408 on Sunday afternoon from Portsmouth.

Buses replace trains between Port Talbot and Swansea on the Sunday.

If 1408 is too early, there are currently £11 Advance fare Portsmouth - Port Talbot via Salisbury on the Sunday at 1708, 1908 and 2008. Port Talbot - Llanelli single is £7.20. But unfortunately the 1908 and 2008 have no onward connection from Llanelli and the 1708 has over an hour to wait at Port Talbot for a bus and an arrival at Llanelli at 0028.

It may be slightly cheaper to split somewhere else. I haven't checked every possible combination.

Last edited:

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
Thanks John. I'll let the wife decide whether she wants to spend over an hour in Port Talbot on a Sunday night!

Alternatively, it mgiht be possible for us to get a lift from Port Talbot, which hadn't occurred to me... so thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.