• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Llangollen Railway: collision with a number of hounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adlington

Organisers of a "Santa train" that hit a group of hounds when it was packed with children have confirmed they have reported the incident to police.

Families were on board the Llangollen Railway service when the dogs ran out in front of the locomotive on Sunday. At least one of the animals was left badly injured but witnesses said as many of four could have been struck.
https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/santa-train-organisers-call-police-15530492

Was there a fox on the other side of the track? Isn't the track fenced off?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

headshot119

Established Member
The railway is fenced off as most railways in the UK are, the exact circumstances are currently under investigation.

Speculation doesn't help.

Ash Bridge

Established Member
The train scene is at 1 hour 9 minutes. Looks like a Hymek to me.

I haven't looked at the clip as I know this film well. It is indeed a Hymek, and the railway used was the then recently closed Taunton to Minehead line before it passed into preservation, now of course known as the West Somerset Railway.

Ash Bridge

Established Member
D7100, withdrawn in 01/11/72.

I believe shooting place during 1972 so only a few months left of a very short BR career (8/9 years?)for this Class 35 when featured in the movie then. Saw and photographed her a couple of years later during a visit to Swindon Work scrapyard, a very sad sight to see indeed!

Status
Not open for further replies.